Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 01:39 AM

Default Re: 50NL - Chased Flush, Hit It and.....

[ QUOTE ]
I used my whole time bank trying to think this one out though. I figured ANY flush could make this play and I beat them all but one. I also thought a straight from a non-thinking player might make that bet as well or possible even 76.

[/ QUOTE ]any flush draw bets this flop so his most likely hand after raising preflop is not a flush. Why does everybody overlook that part?
Old 11-12-2007, 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm new to NL, but is this a bad preflop call to a EP raiser? I just feel like more often not that I'm going to get trapped with this hand?

If you hit 2 pair a straight draw is going to have a hard time folding, you hit the King it's an awkward kicker with the raise, as well as the ten.

Could someone fill me in on this? Again new to NL, I three bet it in limit [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

With the number of people already in the pot, I don't believe that it is a bad call. I have position and I won't get in too much trouble here. I would not play this as a top pair hand either. I would be looking for 2 pair, a straight or a flush before committing many chips to this pot.

I wonder how others feel?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pre-flop call sucks IMO....you aren't gonna hit one of those big hands often enough with KTs....and you can't just a T high or K high flop without putting some more money in.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:43 AM

The straight and the flush I agree with, the two pair though... I dunno I just think you're getting a lot of straight calls and your margin is small, again coming from a limit mindset though.

This is the type of math work I need though I'm going to try and run some wide ranges of raising hands through poker stove with KTs, that way I can feel factual about my comment.

Old 11-12-2007, 04:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I used my whole time bank trying to think this one out though. I figured ANY flush could make this play and I beat them all but one. I also thought a straight from a non-thinking player might make that bet as well or possible even 76.

[/ QUOTE ]any flush draw bets this flop so his most likely hand after raising preflop is not a flush. Why does everybody overlook that part?

[/ QUOTE ]

OP didnt.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OP didnt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would I want to build a big pot with a non-nut hand I am going to miss 66% of the time from the flop on? On a paired board none the less.

The Micros are a haven for check raises. A simple check here gives me a free card and does not risk getting check raised....which I cannot call.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OP didnt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would I want to build a big pot with a non-nut hand I am going to miss 66% of the time from the flop on? On a paired board none the less.

The Micros are a haven for check raises. A simple check here gives me a free card and does not risk getting check raised....which I cannot call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this (except for the haven for check raises part) with that many people in the pot...cause chances are they aren't all going to fold to a flop bet.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:44 AM

Call if your scared, i think shoving wins most though. Underflushes pay you, im not worried about boats.

BB has some weak crap hand iMo.