Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 10:30 AM

Default What would you do here?

15/30 game at CP.

UTG limps (I don't know him). I am middle position (came from a must move, so have only be in the game for a few hands). I raise with K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

Folds to SB, who calls. He is a regular. A little loose pre-flop but plays well post flop. BB folds. UTG calls.

Flop: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB checks. UTG bets. I raise. Small blind 3 bets. UTG calls.

I ?
Old 11-07-2007, 10:42 AM

Default Re: What would you do here?

[ QUOTE ]
15/30 game at CP.

UTG limps (I don't know him). I am middle position (came from a must move, so have only be in the game for a few hands). I raise with K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

Folds to SB, who calls. He is a regular. A little loose pre-flop but plays well post flop. BB folds. UTG calls.

Flop: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Horrible spot. I do the same like you and raise the UTG's bet even though I hate, hate, hate the flop. But we just know it's no good, right? I curse myself for being stupid (even though I'll do it again next time) and toss it to the 3-bet. If we're not crushed already there's too much to fade with 2 opponents.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
15/30 game at CP.

I ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Horrible spot. I do the same like you and raise the UTG's bet even though I hate, hate, hate the flop. But we just know it's no good, right? I curse myself for being stupid (even though I'll do it again next time) and toss it to the 3-bet. If we're not crushed already there's too much to fade with 2 opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would never fold this unless i was close to 100% sure villain would never do this w/o a flush or a set.

i am calling and re-evaluating the turn.

Old 11-07-2007, 11:04 AM

Call and raise the turn as the last bet you put in the pot.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:14 AM

I'd dump it you're at best dodging half of the deck and at worst drawing dead to a boat. Calling and raising a safe turn card would be spew imo.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:27 PM

i think you should dump it. sb could easily being pounding a hand like J 9 for a straight, two pair, or set. the few times that you are good here you're going to have to dodge alot of bullets. with that said sometime i call the flop to a bet out and raise a safe turn as played i muck it.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:41 PM

You're likely ahead, but 4-betting doesn't protect your hand on the flop, so I'd call and reevaluate the turn.

Fold to a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], bet anything else (except maybe a 9).

Same plan for the river.

SB has either got a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] draw, or less likely : a set of 8s / Tens, or a flopped flush. I don't believe in flopped flushes though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2007, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think you should dump it. sb could easily being pounding a hand like J 9 for a straight, two pair,

[/ QUOTE ]

SB is a regular who called 3 bets in the small blind PF. Not sure J9 or two pair are viable as his possible holdings?
Old 11-07-2007, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i think you should dump it. sb could easily being pounding a hand like J 9 for a straight, two pair,

[/ QUOTE ]

SB is a regular who called 3 bets in the small blind PF. Not sure J9 or two pair are viable as his possible holdings?

[/ QUOTE ]
SB only called 2 bets pre-flop - and it was probably only 1 1/3 bets more to him. I wouldn't rule out a suited two pair.

At first I thought the situation was hopeless, but it looks like UTG may be on a draw after he only called two more on the flop. And SB may have a draw as well. I also hate to fold on the flop for only one more bet in general, after I bet or raise. I would call and see who bets on the turn.

Most likely if it is just one more bet to me on a safe turn, I would call. And because I am in a big pot, I would likely call a safe river too, for one bet.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:58 PM

a good regular or a bad regular?, call flop reevaluate turn.

hope that a really [censored] card comes off so you can fold? because your hand is meh