Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-06-2007, 03:53 AM

Default Re: Heroes Love/Hate Fest 11/5/7

[ QUOTE ]
wow i can't believe how bad this show is. terrible acting, terrible writing, ridiculous story, corny, predictable.

[/ QUOTE ]

too much edge enhancement...
Old 11-06-2007, 05:43 AM

All,

I thought it was pretty retarded because now with all the time travelling, healing, immortality, mind control, and other super powerful crap, it's like they can just make up some dumb excuse for just about any horrible writing.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Hiro was Kensei(the stor version) from the past all along...that's pretty clear too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all. They fixed it to make it that way so that things weren't changed, but him having been Kensei all along breaks all the rules for time travel they've set up in the show.

[/ QUOTE ]

How does it break the rules? This is the 2nd time Hiro went into the past, and it made sense both times and he did what already was done.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:36 AM

thank god no more of those stupid [censored] irish accents
Old 11-06-2007, 10:52 AM

best episode this season imo
Old 11-06-2007, 10:53 AM

while some of the show might have poor writing, i think they do an excellent job of creating a broad storyline and then fitting everything together. The best part of heroes is all the different characters and how they're all related, then seeing how it all comes together

It's kind of annoying how there's always so many questions, but showing kensei as adam at the end was [censored] ausome.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:05 AM

I thought this episode wasn't that great. Can't Hiro just go back in time before all of this and undo everything??
Old 11-06-2007, 11:06 AM

Still pissed off at Claire for being an idiot. That whole thing with her completely ignoring her family because of some 2 week old fling is so unrealistic and stupid.

And Mohinder and his superhuman retard power is getting unbearable. Good to see the Peter thing pick up though and Hiro better stop sucking right now, when he's back in the present. And more season 1 Ando please.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Hiro was Kensei(the stor version) from the past all along...that's pretty clear too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all. They fixed it to make it that way so that things weren't changed, but him having been Kensei all along breaks all the rules for time travel they've set up in the show.

[/ QUOTE ]

How does it break the rules? This is the 2nd time Hiro went into the past, and it made sense both times and he did what already was done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they've made it clear that when people mess around with timelines things change. For Hiro to have "always" been Kensei, that would imply that it's all destined and nothing they do in time travel changes anything, but then all these future trips to post-apocalyptic worlds wouldn't be happening.

Also, when Hiro went back in time the first time with the waitress, he did change things, just not much. Firstly, he was not in the pictures until after he changed things. Secondly, she didn't recognize him when they met in the original version of the timeline which she obviously would have.

To me, it seems obvious that not only was Hiro not originally Kensei but that his tampering with history is exactly what has caused everything that's going on in the modern storyline.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
while some of the show might have poor writing, i think they do an excellent job of creating a broad storyline and then fitting everything together.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say it's less that they do a great job of this than that almost no shows do it at all. I mean, some shows have arcs like BSG, but outside of anime the only ones that are telling a constant story are what, Heroes, 24 and Lost? The closest we've really had to this before was like Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but even on that the individual episodes stood alone while telling the season's story. I'm just saying, it's not the writers standing out so much as that they're doing something that's not really being done. If better writers were doing the same thing much more often on TV, the sucky writing on this show would stand out more.

Of course, soap operas have been doing this for decades. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]