Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 12:12 PM

Default Re: Rock Band

[ QUOTE ]
The manufacturer says that if you can beat the drums at expert you can play the instrument. I kinda believe that its true to a large extent. 4 drum pads and a pedal.

You guys are lucky that you're young and can jam with your friends on this. At 38, none of my friends play this stuff. Maybe I will be able to form an online band or whatever.

Okay, after 5 days with GH2, I am up to beating the battle of the bands on hard. Like they say on South Park, I guess I am now immortal, since "How do you kill that which has no life?"

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. I'm 30 and happy to see that I am the 2nd oldest person playing this series instead of the oldest as previously hypothesized.

I hope it is possible to do two instruments from the same unit (bass+vocals for example) while playing over the 'net. I have two friends in different parts of the country who are into this series and we'd have a blast if we could do all 4 parts with just the three of us.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:15 PM

$200 ?!?!?!? That's it?!?!?!?!

OMG SIGN ME UP -- This will be so sick.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The manufacturer says that if you can beat the drums at expert you can play the instrument. I kinda believe that its true to a large extent. 4 drum pads and a pedal.

You guys are lucky that you're young and can jam with your friends on this. At 38, none of my friends play this stuff. Maybe I will be able to form an online band or whatever.

Okay, after 5 days with GH2, I am up to beating the battle of the bands on hard. Like they say on South Park, I guess I am now immortal, since "How do you kill that which has no life?"

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. I'm 30 and happy to see that I am the 2nd oldest person playing this series instead of the oldest as previously hypothesized.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm 36, so you're only the 3rd oldest. But some older people do play it.

The other day, I was in Best Buy and some guy who had to be in his 40s was playing the demo version of GH2. And he obviously plays it regularly, because he 5-starred Sweet Child on Expert.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:44 PM

SANTA CLARA, Calif.--The Battle of the Bands is officially on. Yesterday, the Neversoft-developed Guitar Hero III revealed the python-enthused former Guns N' Roses fretter Slash would rock on a variety of unlockable guitars. Today, original Guitar Hero developer Harmonix fired back with the announcement that it will offer not just hit singles for gamers to play, but entire full-length albums from multiple labels.

The first band to receive the digital conversion will be classic British rockers The Who. Gamers will be able to form a virtual cover band playing guitar, hitting the drums, and singing along to the band's widely acclaimed 1971 album Who's Next. The album should hit soon after the game's release this fall, with new content planned on a weekly basis. For those a bit rusty on their classic rock, the full track list for the album follows:

The Who's Who's Next
: "Baba O' Riley"
"Bargain"
"Love Ain't for Keepin'"
"My Wife (Entwistle)"
"The Song Is Over"
"Getting in Tune"
"Going Movile"
"Behind Blue Eyes"
"Won't Get Fooled Again"

Harmonix also announced the first 15 songs from the retail edition of Rock Band. A glance at the list reveals a wide array of rock subgenres and decades represented, from David Bowie and Black Sabbath to The Hives and The Strokes. The first 15 songs from Rock Band are listed below, with the new songs in bold:

Artist - Song (asterisk indicates a cover version of a song): The Who - "Won't Get Fooled Again"
Mountain - "Mississippi Queen"*
David Bowie - "Suffragette City"
Black Sabbath - "Paranoid"*
Blue Oyster Cult - "Don't Fear the Reaper"
The Ramones - "Rockaway Beach”
Rush - "Tom Sawyer"*
Bon Jovi - "Wanted Dead or Alive"
Nirvana - "In Bloom"
Stone Temple Pilots - "Vasoline"
Weezer - "Say It Ain't So"
Foo Fighters - “Learn to Fly”
The Hives - "Main Offender"
The Strokes - "Reptilia"
Queens of the Stone Age - "Go With the Flow"

ZOMG!!
Old 07-12-2007, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
SANTA CLARA, Calif.--The Battle of the Bands is officially on. Yesterday, the Neversoft-developed Guitar Hero III revealed the python-enthused former Guns N' Roses fretter Slash would rock on a variety of unlockable guitars. Today, original Guitar Hero developer Harmonix fired back with the announcement that it will offer not just hit singles for gamers to play, but entire full-length albums from multiple labels.

The first band to receive the digital conversion will be classic British rockers The Who. Gamers will be able to form a virtual cover band playing guitar, hitting the drums, and singing along to the band's widely acclaimed 1971 album Who's Next. The album should hit soon after the game's release this fall, with new content planned on a weekly basis. For those a bit rusty on their classic rock, the full track list for the album follows:

The Who's Who's Next
: "Baba O' Riley"
"Bargain"
"Love Ain't for Keepin'"
"My Wife (Entwistle)"
"The Song Is Over"
"Getting in Tune"
"Going Movile"
"Behind Blue Eyes"
"Won't Get Fooled Again"

Harmonix also announced the first 15 songs from the retail edition of Rock Band. A glance at the list reveals a wide array of rock subgenres and decades represented, from David Bowie and Black Sabbath to The Hives and The Strokes. The first 15 songs from Rock Band are listed below, with the new songs in bold:

Artist - Song (asterisk indicates a cover version of a song): The Who - "Won't Get Fooled Again"
Mountain - "Mississippi Queen"*
David Bowie - "Suffragette City"
Black Sabbath - "Paranoid"*
Blue Oyster Cult - "Don't Fear the Reaper"
The Ramones - "Rockaway Beach”
Rush - "Tom Sawyer"*
Bon Jovi - "Wanted Dead or Alive"
Nirvana - "In Bloom"
Stone Temple Pilots - "Vasoline"
Weezer - "Say It Ain't So"
Foo Fighters - “Learn to Fly”
The Hives - "Main Offender"
The Strokes - "Reptilia"
Queens of the Stone Age - "Go With the Flow"

ZOMG!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy eff. Entire albums? That is completely awesome.

I was thinking about this the other day. How cool will it be to have 4 dudes playing "Won't Get Fooled Again" next to each other? When the singer hits the "YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH" part, the console might explode.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:13 AM

Jesus this game is going to ship with like 500 songs.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The better business decision will be to ship with 10-15, and sell the rest via download.

I'm guessing this is why Metallica/etc. are jumping on board. The online download sale aspect will be HUGE $$$.

If this costs $200 out of the box, I'm guessing that they anticipate people spending at least that much more on downloads for their favorite bands.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:20 AM

Also, I anticipate a future "80's Edition" with new synthesizer attachment.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The better business decision will be to ship with 10-15, and sell the rest via download.

I'm guessing this is why Metallica/etc. are jumping on board. The online download sale aspect will be HUGE $$$.

If this costs $200 out of the box, I'm guessing that they anticipate people spending at least that much more on downloads for their favorite bands.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thats how I read that news brief. It doesn't sound like The Who album will ship with the game. Instead it looks like it will be DLable content. Also it said after that they plan to release new content on a weekly basis.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:38 PM

So Does Don't Fear the Reaper include Virtual Cowbell attachment?