Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit

Old 11-30-2007, 07:51 PM

Default Re: Rate my play

Hand #1 Id never 3 bet the flop. Id either wait until the turn or river or not raise at all. If he'd always slow play a 5 and fastplay a K like most players will, then waiting until the turn is best. If he'll bluff sometimes, then waiting until the river is the play. Generally I'd just raise the turn though.

On the turn, I take the holding out chips move to be a sign that he's either in call down mode or trying to get a cheap sd. Easy bet.

hand #2: I think you have the best hand almost always, but he's probably folding most of the stuff you beat anyway, so theres little value. I'd still bet though because you get a crying call from QQ more than he shows up with a better A.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:12 PM

wow he owned you so bad with the classic "i'm holding my chips in my hand getting ready to call because i don't want you to bet because you have a better hand than me so maybe i'll scare you into checking even though i am calling you down no matter what."
Old 12-01-2007, 12:15 AM

Hand 1 - You have to bet the turn or raise the river - holding chips out screams weak king. If they have KJ, the cant reraise so you are fine.
Hand 2 - I think you have to call the turn and fold any unimproved river. Too many times, 2 pair is the most likely hand and you have odds to call.
Old 12-01-2007, 01:00 AM

How crazy is this guy. If he is the type who will bluff raise or make thin raises then give him the chance...bet the turn. Obviously at no point will you lay this down.

If he is the typical lag I would just call the check-raise and let him keep the lead in the betting. You have position so you can make sure that a bet goes in each round. If he is the type who will pay of a raise on the river with something you beat then do it. If he is more likely to turbo muck because he never had anything but could three bet you if he had the five then check.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:39 AM

#1 def bet turn..

#2 doesnt anyone wanna raise the flop or turn or am i retarded??? kthx
Old 12-01-2007, 01:57 PM

Lets say that on the flop the villains decide to turn their hands face up.

villain in hand 1: 33

Villain in hand 2: 22

Should I of played the hands differently?
Old 12-01-2007, 02:14 PM

my rating on a pass/fail basis:

hand 1: FAIL. those "i'm calling you" moves in my experience actually result in you getting called. bet.

hand 2: PASS. too thin for vb here as i think he folds all big pairs he gets there with and will call w/ the AJs etc.

Barron
Old 12-01-2007, 02:56 PM

Hand 1: I bet the turn. Holding out calling chips is almost always a reliable 'I'm weak' tell. If it's the crazy asian lag who I think it might be: I've seen him hold out calling chips and then fold to a bet so you might've made more your way .

Hand 2: Standard for me.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: I bet the turn. Holding out calling chips is almost always a reliable 'I'm weak' tell. If it's the crazy asian lag who I think it might be: I've seen him hold out calling chips and then fold to a bet so you might've made more your way .

[/ QUOTE ]

It was LH. I don't think he was calling my bet
Old 12-01-2007, 11:21 PM

Brandon--

Let me paraphrase:

"Here's a hand that seems like an obvious bet, but I'm going to include a live tell that makes it an even clearer bet. RESULTS: it happened to be a guy for whom the tell means something else."

Perhaps this was not the best hand to post.

That said, I'd like to see you post more.

--Nate