Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 10-24-2007, 02:02 AM

Default Re: Why is Mr Gatorade the most annoying person ever

quitting someone with 5bb is stupid

its easy to have a pretty big edge on a shortstack

and telling them to reload just pisses them off and they quit u. if u bust them they rebuy
Old 10-24-2007, 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fwiw I am a huge ethics nit in poker and while I agree that it's a little douchey to just sit out and say "reload" I do not think it's unethical at all. Either player can quit any time they want, any player can ask for the other player to accept certain conditions or the match is over.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, but by the same logic shouldn't Mr. Crazy Mike not site at every one of OP's tables and say "i want 50/100".

OP next time just sit with 5bbs at all the tables. Mr. Powerade's only option will be to type "touche" and
headasplode.

[/ QUOTE ]

wp

[/ QUOTE ]

Just ask the POS dean how well it went when he tried this stratagy. I dont recommend it if you like to play on AP or UB as you might find yourself temporarily banned. I like that AP aggrees with my position and I stick firmly to "why should I share the fish with you" mentality.

-Crazy Mike
Old 10-24-2007, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
quitting someone with 5bb is stupid

its easy to have a pretty big edge on a shortstack

and telling them to reload just pisses them off and they quit u. if u bust them they rebuy

[/ QUOTE ]

I have found this to not be true...

-Crazy Mike
Old 10-24-2007, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fwiw I am a huge ethics nit in poker and while I agree that it's a little douchey to just sit out and say "reload" I do not think it's unethical at all. Either player can quit any time they want, any player can ask for the other player to accept certain conditions or the match is over.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, but by the same logic shouldn't Mr. Crazy Mike not site at every one of OP's tables and say "i want 50/100".

OP next time just sit with 5bbs at all the tables. Mr. Powerade's only option will be to type "touche" and
headasplode.

[/ QUOTE ]

wp

[/ QUOTE ]

Just ask the POS dean how well it went when he tried this stratagy. I dont recommend it if you like to play on AP or UB as you might find yourself temporarily banned. I like that AP aggrees with my position and I stick firmly to "why should I share the fish with you" mentality.

-Crazy Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait.
UB and AP allow you to follow other players around to whatever tables you like.
But if that other player sits down with you at a bunch of tables but only has 5 BB's when he does so then he might get temp-banned?

So table-stalking is only okay on UB/AP if you don't buy-in for only 5 BB's??
That's what it looks like you're saying if I'm understanding this correctly.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

When I play HU I play as long as they have money in front of them and I can remember far too many times when someone randomly turns like 1-3BB into 100BB while I can't remember too many times that their 1-3BB turned into -100BB so I understand not wanting to play these people. I sometimes wish I would sit out and tell them to reload.

[/ QUOTE ]

This logic baffles me. If they had reloaded you would have lost more.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:37 AM

sweetjazz explained it pretty well, I am probably up against these people lifetime but it doesn't seem like it simply because I remember the times they randomly run up a zillion bets from nothing and pay no attention to the times they just busto and quit. I only play 10/20 though so I strongly suspect the rake monster eats enough into the game that it is not a good idea to play people with very few bets.

btw it is not necessarily true that I would have lost more because many times when they have 1-2 bets they will make some pair on the turn or river of a hand they never would have gotten that far in if they were not all in. It's certainly likely that I would have lost a few extra bets more but it's also possible that their short stack lead to running up a big stack that they would not have run up if they never got so short to begin with.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:39 AM

yea everyone saying they won't play 5bb guys are crazy. Your edge might be somewhat nullified but either you bust him or your edge slowly increases back to where it was when you started playing. PS it is very easy to have an edge 5bb, might not be as big as with 10bb but it can still be significant.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yea everyone saying they won't play 5bb guys are crazy. Your edge might be somewhat nullified but either you bust him or your edge slowly increases back to where it was when you started playing. PS it is very easy to have an edge 5bb, might not be as big as with 10bb but it can still be significant.

[/ QUOTE ]

They call me Crazy Mike.

-Crazy Mike
Old 10-24-2007, 03:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They call me Crazy Mike.

-Crazy Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

That's odd, I call you "that douchebag, Mike". You seriously think it's correct to say that if someone won't play you they aren't allowed to play anyone? Entitled much?
Old 10-24-2007, 03:35 AM

HU, at a specific limit, simply yes.

-Crazy Mike