Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2007, 01:02 PM

Default Re: hand vs. CDC

[ QUOTE ]
have you ever played with a fish?

[/ QUOTE ]

I played with you a few times.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

We're trying to fold out a better ace. Oh wait...

[/ QUOTE ]

you guys are giving the donkey too much credit if you think he can't have a mid pocket pair here

[/ QUOTE ]

I am officially now more confused than ever before.

[/ QUOTE ]

donkey = PFR, not CDC, if thats what youre confused about

[/ QUOTE ]

No, not about that. Just about the idea that there is any appreciable chance that PFR has a pocket pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if there's a small chance (and from a fish at these stakes it's just that; a small chance) that they have a pocket pair here, it's not going to be worth the parlay in this small pot to be raising the river vs CDC's range to fold out the relatively unlikely PP.

Rob
Old 10-16-2007, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Even if there's a small chance (and from a fish at these stakes it's just that; a small chance) that they have a pocket pair here, it's not going to be worth the parlay in this small pot to be raising the river vs CDC's range to fold out the relatively unlikely PP.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree, but assigning zero to that probability is wrong.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you mean i played with the other players at the table while you watched and folded?
Old 10-16-2007, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you mean i played with the other players at the table while you watched and folded?

[/ QUOTE ]

You seem to have forgotten that the goal at the poker table is to win money. Think it over a while.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You seem to have forgotten that the goal at the poker table is to win money. Think it over a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

but the goal at the life table is to enjoy yourself, which overrides any poker table considerations
Old 10-16-2007, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

but the goal at the life table is to enjoy yourself, which overrides any poker table considerations

[/ QUOTE ]

It turns out that I rather enjoy winning. I will implement any strategy that I need to in obtaining that goal. If I have to fold 200 hands in a row so be it. It is called discipline and it sets apart the busto from the robusto.

Make fun all you want and then come visit my life table where there is always plenty to eat and happy kids playing with smiles on their faces. I am sure Joker didn't start this thread for us to banter. Where are you now? I will be in LA thurs-sunday if you want to have dinner together and discuss it. Any of you other locals are welcome to join in. Surf is flying in from NYC and I already got committments from dangerfish, and caldarroni. I haven't spoken to him yet but I have never known mike to pass on an opportunity to catch a nice meal and maybe howmany will take a break from the droolers. If you'll kindly excuse me I need to start folding my way to 3BB/100
Old 10-16-2007, 06:37 PM

LOL.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:44 PM

I couldnt remember whether this was a strat thread or the LC thread.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It turns out that I rather enjoy winning. I will implement any strategy that I need to in obtaining that goal. If I have to fold 200 hands in a row so be it. It is called discipline and it sets apart the busto from the robusto.

Make fun all you want and then come visit my life table where there is always plenty to eat and happy kids playing with smiles on their faces. I am sure Joker didn't start this thread for us to banter. Where are you now? I will be in LA thurs-sunday if you want to have dinner together and discuss it. Any of you other locals are welcome to join in. Surf is flying in from NYC and I already got committments from dangerfish, and caldarroni. I haven't spoken to him yet but I have never known mike to pass on an opportunity to catch a nice meal and maybe howmany will take a break from the droolers. If you'll kindly excuse me I need to start folding my way to 3BB/100

[/ QUOTE ]

doc,

i'm just bustin your balls - i'm sure you know that though. i am actually jealous of your ability to fold.

unfortunately i can't make it to dinner in LA, as i am freezing my ass off in upstate new york. i'm actually about to go work on minimizing life EV by studying for my stochastic calculus midterm, which i will write tomorrow morning on almost zero sleep. someone convince me that i shouldn't be in school, please.

p.s. congrats on your 3BB/100 at $2/$4.