Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review

Old 08-22-2007, 03:06 PM

Default Re: Post if your wife is pregnant

Ephraim had his 6-month Dr's visit yesterday. Everything is great so far, this kid is friggin' amazing! He's been sleeping through the night for the last 4 months, smiles endlessly, and pretty much never fusses. Granted, he doesn't have any teeth yet...so there is plenty of crying to come; but all in all, I'd say we pretty much have the perfect kid. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] He's at 26.5 inches and 19.5 lbs. Pictures(lots of them) for whoever is interested are peckfamily.myphotoalbum.com
Old 08-22-2007, 03:21 PM

WilliamLowe,

Pic 30 for August is awesome!!!!
Old 08-22-2007, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is he walking or standing yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Crawling everywhere, pulling up and standing as much as possible. He can't quite stand without holding on to something, but almost.

[/ QUOTE ]

Drew and his wife make very cute kids! Beautiful smile [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-22-2007, 07:06 PM

jb - grats! That's great news.

William - I love the name Ephraim. One question - what do you call him for short?
Old 08-22-2007, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WilliamLowe,

Pic 30 for August is awesome!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

AWW! [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I just checked out the photo album. Yep, he's perfect alright. He is soooo cute. And he's got red hair [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

(All you guys have to check out pic 30. It's a good one.)
Old 08-27-2007, 10:01 PM

Thanks for the kind words all...

Dude - Nothing, that was actually one of the allures of the name for me. I didn't want people to be able to shorten his name.

Also, within the last week and a half he went from being able to roll from only his stomach to his back, to being able to go back to stomach, to practically crawling. He hasn't quite figured out to use his hands to help yet, so he just kind of pushes himself along with his legs...but it won't be long. It's crazy how fast the changes happen. We're pretty sure his first tooth is going to come in any day as well, as he's been drooling even more then normal and his nose has been running like crazy.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:07 AM

Baby #1 Due January 19, 2008
We are finding out the sex this wedensday.

My wife has been a wreck ever since finding out she was pregnant. I don't know if anyone remembers them but I posted a few times about pregnancy under "soonadad1" about 6 months ago. I didn't continue posting with them since we had a miscarraige at about 8 weeks.

I'm not as nervous as my wife is since I am generally more laid back then my wife, and because I have a better way of wrapping my head around probabilty then her ( thanks poker) but I am still very nervous.

We have already had a number of ultrasounds and the baby ( we are calling it RIO now- short for embroy) is great, the doctor did some kinda Downs screening and said we have a one in 12,000 chance or something like that.

Also a friend of ours gave us a doppler heart monitor so my wife can listen to the heart beat every night, unless she can't find it for some reason which causes a melt down.

Anyways I had been activly avoiding this thread since the last time I posted about pregnancy on 2+2 it didn't go well, but now wish I had earlier.

Ken
Old 08-28-2007, 07:40 AM

this thread makes me wanna make babies.

kids are cute.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]

We have already had a number of ultrasounds and the baby ( we are calling it RIO now- short for embroy) is great

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't ROI be more appropriate?
Old 08-28-2007, 05:16 PM

UPDATE: 16 weeks in and we have had many an ultrasound in the past 4 months. Not sure why because everyone I talk to says that they only had one or two the entire pregnancy. We've had 5 in 4 months. Everytime we go to the docs office they show us our kid for a few minutes.

Last night, we had the BIG ultrasound and I'm proud to announce that my baby has upgraded from manatee status to boy status. That's right, I put the stem on the apple folks. We even got to watch him put his thumb in his mouth in full motion picture! It was pretty cool. Size and development look good and all is well with Daddy. Mommy on the other hand is a wreck. Sick every day all day and no amount of saltines or anti-emetics are helping. Hope the morning sickness ends soon. I'd like her to enjoy at least a little bit of being pregnant.

Cliff Notes: Having a boy. Wife is uber sick.

Oh, also we are naming him James Thomas after both our fathers.