Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

View Poll Results: A player is cheated if his opponent ever calls the clock on him when the opponent has the nuts
Yes 0 0%
No 47 100.00%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-18-2007, 10:35 PM

Default Re: Brodeur looks human

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Isles get the short end of another goal review.

And Buffalo puts one in to end it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Game 3 review wasn't that close. I can see how they could be upset about that one though.

I mean WTF a Buffalo team getting calls? It's obv. our year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never got a good angle with both sound and seeing the puck go in the net, but it looked pretty clear that it was in before a whistle was blown.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was a good goal. Tough, tough call.

Heh, they didn't even review it. The call was that the goalie was pushed in, and they can't review that.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Game 3 review wasn't that close. I can see how they could be upset about that one though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never got a good angle with both sound and seeing the puck go in the net, but it looked pretty clear that it was in before a whistle was blown.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, they didn't even review it. The call was that the goalie was pushed in, and they can't review that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, which is [censored]. At least tell me the whistle blew first (which it didn't). But the replay clearly shows the puck lose under Miller, and it gets poked in.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, which is [censored]. At least tell me the whistle blew first (which it didn't). But the replay clearly shows the puck lose under Miller, and it gets poked in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heres a kleenex, call me in a few years.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:31 PM

fwiw its when the ref "intends" to blow the whistle.

also i didn't notice the puck was airborne when it got knocked in. if so, then yea it should've been a goal
Old 04-18-2007, 11:50 PM

2-2 Devils-Lightning, the series ain't over yet.

I hope not [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Parise's play impressed me tonight.
The Devils had plenty of opportunities. When the Lightning came back from 3-1 down to tie the game I had a bad feeling.

With 10 minutes left in the third I had a feeling that the next goal would win. The Lightning's goalie made some very good saves.

Im looking forward to the game Friday night, I have tickets.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:20 AM

OK, so the Rangers swept the Thrashers and looked great doing it. They scored 17 goals, only gave up 6, and simply overmatched Atlanta.

Now I know a lot of you said that neither Atlanta or the Rangers were going to go anywhere but are any of you reconsidering that sentiment or do you still just think that it was the weakness of Atlanta that was being shown here and not the strength of the NYR?

So basically, what do you think the Rangers chances are against the Sens/Pens/Sabres?

What odds would you need to bet on NYR in any of those series?
Old 04-19-2007, 01:25 AM

i know nothing of odds - but the rangers are in trouble if they play the sens or the sabres. they blew out a team that had been playing .500 hockey since november and hadn't really gelled at all. it wouldn't surprise me to see the rangers flame out of the playoffs exactly the same way the devils did last year - by beating up on a downtrodden opponent and getting steamrolled by a real team.

Old 04-19-2007, 02:41 AM

Default Gomez!!!!

Old 04-19-2007, 03:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, so the Rangers swept the Thrashers and looked great doing it. They scored 17 goals, only gave up 6, and simply overmatched Atlanta.

Now I know a lot of you said that neither Atlanta or the Rangers were going to go anywhere but are any of you reconsidering that sentiment or do you still just think that it was the weakness of Atlanta that was being shown here and not the strength of the NYR?

So basically, what do you think the Rangers chances are against the Sens/Pens/Sabres?

What odds would you need to bet on NYR in any of those series?

[/ QUOTE ]

These East sucks enough that anyone can win. The Rangers can win it if Lundqvuist is hot.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i know nothing of odds - but the rangers are in trouble if they play the sens or the sabres. they blew out a team that had been playing .500 hockey since november and hadn't really gelled at all. it wouldn't surprise me to see the rangers flame out of the playoffs exactly the same way the devils did last year - by beating up on a downtrodden opponent and getting steamrolled by a real team.

[/ QUOTE ]

Going into yesterday's games, the Rangers and Ottawa were 20-4-6 in their last 30, and Buffalo was something like 19-8-3.

Against Ottawa this year, the Rangers were 1-3 in 4 highly-competitive games, including a 1-0 loss on the road and a 3-2 loss at home where they blew a 2-0 lead (and were in a dreadful streak of blowing two-goal leads). Only one of these games was after the Rangers got Avery, who most acknowledge has made a huge difference in the team, and in that last game Shanahan was out. Against Buffalo they were 0-1-3, with the last game being played in December, when the Rangers were a much different team and Buffalo was unstoppable.

Are you familiar with the "hot goalie" playoff hockey theory? Do you honestly think, with the way the Rangers have played over their last now 31 games they are going to get swept into the gutter, by anyone? Do you think anyone would do that to Buffalo or Ottawa, teams that have not played any better? Why do you feel comfortable saying that the Rangers may "flame out" to a team that has struggled -- yes, struggled -- with the Islanders? A team that supposedly would not put up much of a fight, being happy just to make it into the tournament? When the Rangers dispatched an Atlanta team that you yourself said they'd have trouble stopping? An Atlanta team, that finished 12-5-1, and was 32-26-8 since November (contrary to your statement that they were a .500 team since November).

In sum, to say that the Rangers are "in trouble" and may "flame out" if they play either BUF or OTT proves that you don't know what you're talking about.