Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2006, 04:48 PM

Default Re: NBC/NFL waste flex scheduling on Favre\'s finale.

[ QUOTE ]
The more interesting angle IMO is whether the national audience and late timing of the game will enocurage Lovie Smith to leave his starters in any longer. Personally, I think it might, and I'd be kind of peeved if I were a Pack fan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? I know TV runs the sports world, but nowhere near to that extent, at least not in the NFL.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jimmy Johnson made the comment before the Washington game, when the Eagles were 6-6.

He made it again before the New York game, when the Eagles were 7-6.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's gonna need to bring some armor.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:49 PM

The NFL really is crazy. Almost every football fan picked the Eagles to finish last in the NFC East. Then they started off the season en fuego and everyone was surprised. Then they tanked and everyone said "I knew they couldn't keep playing at that level." And now they've come out of nowhere to win the division. As much as I hate the Eagles I hate Dallas much much more so I can't complain.

Get ready to host the Giants next weekend!
Old 12-27-2006, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The more interesting angle IMO is whether the national audience and late timing of the game will enocurage Lovie Smith to leave his starters in any longer. Personally, I think it might, and I'd be kind of peeved if I were a Pack fan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? I know TV runs the sports world, but nowhere near to that extent, at least not in the NFL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea I highly doubt being on national TV will make Lovie Smith's decision easier about whether or not to rest some starters. He's far more concerned with having the Bears win a playoff game for the first time since 1994.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The NFL really is crazy. Almost every football fan picked the Eagles to finish last in the NFC East.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the knowledgeable fans I talked to/read before the season either picked the Eagles (FO, others) or felt it was basically a toss-up between the Eagles and Giants. I pegged the Eagles as small favorites over the Giants because they didn't have to play Chicago or Seattle.
Old 12-27-2006, 05:03 PM

Favre is what, 8 TD's from breaking Marino's record? No way he doesn't come back next year.
Old 12-27-2006, 05:10 PM

I hope Favre retires. Not because I dislike him or because his skills are eroded, but because I'm so sick of hearing retirement speculation. Except for the TO/Randy Moss/Ricky Williams etc BS, nothing is more uninteresting to me than retirement rumors
Old 12-27-2006, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Favre is what, 8 TD's from breaking Marino's record? No way he doesn't come back next year.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's really close to a bunch of Marino records. Like you said, he'll be back. But he'll probably drag it out again and make everyone miserable hearing about it for months again first.
Old 12-27-2006, 05:40 PM

It's hard to have any direction as a team when your star player refuses to decide whether he will retire or come back until after the draft every year. The Packers wasted a #1 on Aaron Rogers because they thought Favre was going to retire, and Rogers is just rotting away on the bench. If they knew Favre was going to stick around 3-4 more years, they could have used that pick on something useful.

Yet Favre recieves no blame. I don't get it.

(I mean, I do get it - he is an icon and is "blameless." But it's ridiculous what he is doing).
Old 12-27-2006, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's hard to have any direction as a team when your star player refuses to decide whether he will retire or come back until after the draft every year. The Packers wasted a #1 on Aaron Rogers because they thought Favre was going to retire, and Rogers is just rotting away on the bench. If they knew Favre was going to stick around 3-4 more years, they could have used that pick on something useful.

Yet Favre recieves no blame. I don't get it.

(I mean, I do get it - he is an icon and is "blameless." But it's ridiculous what he is doing).

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%. He's a bastard.