Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2007, 05:56 AM

Default Re: Absolute Poker\'s Official Response to \"superuser\" allegations

Is the guy with the alleged superuser accounts still playing at AP? If not -I wonder why.

Why would he dump chips to random players?

As others have stated as well, APs "answer" doesn't smell very good.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:10 AM

Really no reason for anyone to try and argue/reason with the Rep. from AP. OF COURSE they are going to deny the claims, I mean, it's their only choice. If they admitted that thier site was compromised(which it most obviously was)they would lose all customers that would read about it. By denying it they'll probably get a few downies to keep playing there.

I think all energies should be spent on getting Absolutepoker.com blacklisted through all possible avenues.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:48 AM

Absolute Poker is the Larry Craig of online gambling.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:17 AM

I don't think their only option was to cover up and lie. I don't know what online poker is going to look like 10 years from now, but it is going to exist, will probably be regulated in some fashion and will be a massive massive market, and rogue sites like AP hopefully will be a thing of the past. I don't think the fact that AP was hacked in some way was the death knell for them. Their obvious lack of concern and integrity is. I would have been far more accepting of a response that was timely and acknowledged the actual evidence instead of sidestepping it. I can only conclude that the conspiracy inside job theory is right or they don't care if their players are getting screwed by a third party, as long as the screwer and screwee paid their rake. Either way, I can only assume that an unacknowledged problem is also an uncorrected problem.

Hopefully, that will be the end of them. as online poker is fighting for legality in the good old USA, the last thing we need is operators whose response is to cover up and lie. Its not like they had much going for them in the first place; now they are just a shady albatross.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am still not playing on absolute, and i don't accept this.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-13-2007, 09:32 AM

What's hilarious is that the idiot who wrote the OP thought that we'd all immediately fall into line and believe their BS. It's insulting.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What's hilarious is that the idiot who wrote the OP thought that we'd all immediately fall into line and believe their BS. It's insulting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be so sure of that. The OP was probably intended for a wider audience that has not studied the hands - i.e. they intend to use it to marginalize 2P2, and claim that hypervigilant but mistaken nuts found cheating on the basis of a tiny sample where there was none.

The reality is that EVERY poker expert who reviewed the hands here found that the play and statistics were virtually impossible without knowledge of hole cards. This kind of unanimity is rare - you probably couldn't find that many experts who would all agree the sky is blue!

This story should be big, but the lack of interest from Card Player and other poker authorities is concerning. Do they really care more about their ads than about poker players, and could therefore condone cheating? Why hasn't Mason weighed in on it? (If I missed any statements from him, I apologize). He's always been pretty quick to condemn shady practices in the past, and to make sure the proper people know of them. It would at least be nice to hear Mason explain his silence - does he doubt the analysis of so many of his posters here, or is he afraid of wider ramifications if online poker could be shown to be cheating?

The OP smacks of a statement written by a PR hack, intended to put the issue to rest, not the opening of a genuine dialog.

Cheers, Carl.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a feeling the only calling on the river he's referring to is when the superuser accounts are calling an all-in bet with the best hand.

I've never played at Absolute Poker, and after all that I've heard of them, I never will.

[/ QUOTE ]

He probably made a few river calls with 3rd pair and other junk that's ahead, specifically to show the hand down and tilt opponents. AP wouldn't notice this of course, to them it just looks standard - "I has a pair".

If AP reads this, please send my regards to UB for the $10 they put in my account today and I donked off in 5mins.. I'll keep playing there if you fund my old account [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2007, 10:29 AM

still boycotting absolute. mark seif, youre dead to me.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This story should be big, but the lack of interest from Card Player and other poker authorities is concerning. Do they really care more about their ads than about poker players, and could therefore condone cheating?

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you really need to even ask that when the answer is so obviously a great big YES?