Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: stephenh
villager 3 75.00%
wolf 0 0%
seer 1 25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-11-2007, 06:00 AM

Default Re: Crazy Phil Laak story with Pics

Somebody calling you Tom Grant is now greater insult than being called as Jamie Gold.
Old 08-11-2007, 07:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Please Buster do not feel so bad you got an interesting story.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hopefully Laak's new hitman does a better job this time, have a good life you worthless heroin-smuggling, kiddie-peddling, dog-eating [censored].. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-11-2007, 07:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Somebody calling you Tom Grant is now greater insult than being called as Jamie Gold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently, this has been the case for some time:

2. CAUTION ALERT: ADVENTURE HOLIDAYS THAILAND

Ingrid Leroy, of Belgium, wrote to inform Global Access News about her family’s recent negative experience with Adventure Holidays Thailand.

Ingrid’s comments appear below:

Hello: Last Christmas we booked a trip to Malaysia with our family (two adults, one of them is a paraplegic and 2 teenagers) with this agency: http://www.adventure-holidays-thailand.com/

We paid everything in advance, and a few days before we should leave we got a letter in the mail. The owners of the agency (Tom Grant) did not give any explanation. We took contact with Malaysia and they told us (on telephone) that Tom Grant cancelled the whole trip due to health reasons of the paraplegic person! There was not any health problem with us, so he lied!

We had to cancel the flight tickets (booked in Belgium) because we paid already everything to Tom and he canceled all the hotels in Malaysia. We were totally disappointed and stayed at home.

Tom Grant promised us several times to pay us back all the money (more than 7.000 US$). Now, it is already September and still he didn’t pay back one cent!

The year before (2003) we booked a trip with him to Thailand, and then everything was OK, so we trusted him and paid all the money for the Malaysian trip before we left. This person is unreliable, and we would warn other disabled travellers not to book a trip to Thailand or Asia with this agency and this person Tom Grant. He says he is bankrupt, but he is still advertising and we really want to warn other disabled travellers!
Of course, we also send this story to the Thai authorities!

Thanks for your help,
Lieven Vandoorne & Ingrid Leroy

Tom Grant's letter to Ingrid and Lieven follows:

Hi Ingrid & Lieven:
I am so very sorry but I must cancel your trip. Malaysia have not been honest with me about certain things and we cannot go ahead. So sorry I will refund all you money at the end of the year.
Regards,
Tom

Editor’s note: When booking travel on-line travel, use extreme caution. Try to learn as much as possible about an agency’s background and seek testimonials from previous disabled customers of theirs who share their candid experiences of an agency. Be sure to clearly state your access needs and ask specific questions before booking. Global Access has removed a link to this site until further notice.

http://globalaccessnews.com/oct05.htm
Old 08-11-2007, 07:27 AM

Although Grant does have a history as a competitive Backgammon player, from the period when Laak was playing.

When thieves fall out?

Thailand Open 2001
Old 08-11-2007, 07:54 AM

he needs like a few thousand "contact us " from his site.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Tom Grant promised us several times to pay us back all the money (more than 7.000 US$). Now, it is already September and still he didn’t pay back one cent!

[/ QUOTE ]

This guy is total scum. One thing for one degenerate gambler to prey on another. Quite another for someone catering to the needs of the disabled to prey on them. Now I see why Laak would put a hit out on this filth (if he did). I wonder how many other families with disabled people have been conned out of their money to fund Tom Grant's gambling, drug, prostitution habits.

NVG as a group should do something about this guy. Truth is nobody else will. Authorities in U.S. and Europe can't touch him. Authorities in Thailand are corrupt and probably he's in so tight with local Pattaya authorities it's the reverse, they protect him.

I would even say that NVG is uniquely equipped to get at this guy. Gamblers move in strange circles and find out about lots few others do. Got to be a way to take him down. It would be a tremendously difficult project, but immensely satisfying, to me at least.

Please discuss ...
Old 08-11-2007, 08:45 AM

So I don't have to read this whole thread, could someone please give me approx. odds that Phil Laak actually hired a hitman/any of this is true?
Old 08-11-2007, 09:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So I don't have to read this whole thread, could someone please give me approx. odds that Phil Laak actually hired a hitman/any of this is true?

[/ QUOTE ]

I get a division by zero error every time i try to calculate them.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

This guy is total scum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that Grant is scum. However, he's consistent scum.

Here he is, posting these claims in Jan 05, presumably after seeing Phil's first appearance on the World Poker Tour. Other comments in the thread are also interesting:

WPT Fan Site
Old 08-11-2007, 10:07 AM

Wow. Ripping off disabled people is about as sleazy as it gets. What a douchebag.