Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2007, 10:30 PM

Default Lessons learned from recent events

1. Money you don't need belongs in a bank account. Only keep enough money online to deal with a medium downswing. You can always deposit more money if you need to. Your bank account has an almost 0% chance of being frozen and is much more secure than e-wallets.

2. Spread your money out over several sites. Even if 99% of your play is at one site, have money in others as a backup. The Neteller debacle showed us that drastic decisions can be made with little or no warning, so you have no excuse if all of your funds are locked up in the future. There is also a small chance that one of your accounts will be frozen and investigated, even if you have done nothing wrong.

3. Have accounts with several e-wallets, but make sure to investigate them first. When Neteller pulled out, it took a month before I could get poker funds into my bank account. Never again.

4. Don't cash out your rakeback unless you need it. My rb provider has multiple cashout and inter-account transfer options. If anything catastrophic happens, this is a significant pool of money I should be able to access no matter what. He might even write me a personal check if I needed it. Obviously this wouldn't be a good option if you're dealing with a small-time affiliate or are getting under the table Party rb or something.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:36 PM

Default Re: Lessons learned from recent events

Mods, please put in internet gambling.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Money you don't need belongs in a high interest bearing money market account with your stockbroker.

2. Spread your money out over the few trustworthy sites. Spreading money with every fly-by-night operation out their only increases your chances of getting stung.

3. Have accounts with several e-wallets, but make sure to investigate them first. Just use them as a middle man. Get the money in, get it out. Don't use it as a storage place.

4. Cash out your rakeback as soon as you can. Get it into #1 about as quickly as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-18-2007, 02:53 AM

How about stop this farce and learn how to play live. I need to cashout of Full Tilt.