Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2007, 12:52 AM

Default Re: Trip Report: Getting Robbed at Knifepoint.

I ran into the English guy last night and he was nice enough to take me out to dinner and lend me a few bucks. My mom sent me some money through Western Union but I won't be able to access it for another two days because banks are closed on the weekend. This isn't a problem because I have enough money to last me until then. So this whole thing is a big inconvenience but hardly a crisis.
Old 09-08-2007, 03:42 AM

That sucks but at least you didn't get killed or hurt. Do you still feel safe there, or have you just learned a lesson not to hitch a ride with complete strangers after midnight?
Old 09-08-2007, 04:52 AM

and u turned down some oral pleasure y?
Old 09-08-2007, 05:18 AM

Wow sorry to hear that mate, kind of remind me my time in China.
If you are back in Thailand and need help with stuff tell me.

[ QUOTE ]
Like what? The whole thing was over in under a minute. They didn't starting reading passages from Foucault's "Discipline and Punish" or anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

I loled

BTW: fighting with a group of asian guys in SEA is probably the worst idea ever. You will get beaten to a pulp, they just won't stop.
Old 09-08-2007, 05:51 AM

yikes...talk about getting robbed at knife point. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-08-2007, 07:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW: fighting with a group of asian guys in SEA is probably the worst idea ever. You will get beaten to a pulp, they just won't stop.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true. Conclusive proof: http://youtube.com/watch?v=K06wDn3XsZE
Old 09-08-2007, 07:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That sucks but at least you didn't get killed or hurt. Do you still feel safe there, or have you just learned a lesson not to hitch a ride with complete strangers after midnight?

[/ QUOTE ]
Thailand and Laos are both very safe provided you use common sense. Walking through an unfamiliar part of the city at like 3:30 am is obviously counter to common sense, but the surrounding circumstances were, um, nontypical.

I'm more concerned about the gay Lao dude. I've since found out that he has reputation for getting in to fights and since he works for the Ministry of Justice, it's always going to be ruled the other guy's fault. There are also any number of other ways I could get [censored] over. I think the best thing to do right now is to get out of town for a few days Michael Corleone style.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Did you ever see the movie Death Wish with Charles Bronson? He plays a guy whose wife is murdered by a group of thugs and then puts himself in dangerous situations just so he can shoot anyone who tries to rob or [censored] with him. I definitely would have pwned with a pistol.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:59 AM

I really don't understand how anyone is saying that getting on the bike was the reason for the robbery. You really think if he doesn't get on the bike, they just leave him alone? They probably rob him either way.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't understand how anyone is saying that getting on the bike was the reason for the robbery. You really think if he doesn't get on the bike, they just leave him alone? They probably rob him either way.

[/ QUOTE ]

While this wasn't the worst decision made, it was a poor one. Getting on the bike gives them full control of the situation and location. True, they may have robbed him anyways, we can't ever know, but there is a significantly non zero chance that it would have resulted in them reconsidering and moving on.

J