Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2007, 05:38 AM

Default Shipping Opium Pipes to the US

Right now I'm in Laos, a country that was essentially the opium capital of the world for decades. In many of the tourist shops they sell really nice elaborately crafted opium pipes complete with display stand. I'd like to get one for myself and several as gifts for friends. Obviously possession of a bunch of opium pipes could cause some problems when crossing borders, so shipping them seems like the best solution. The problem is that these are drug paraphernalia by anyone's definition. It's not even possible to smoke tobacco out of them. Normally I wouldn't be worried, but this administration has gone out of their way to prosecute people making and selling bongs, etc. Am I just being paranoid? What should I put on the customs form to limit my chances of the package being opened or seized? Here's a picture of an opium pipe if anyone's curious:
Old 05-28-2007, 05:41 AM

Default Re: Shipping Opium Pipes to the US

I would send 1 and list it as "ornamental pipe" and just see if it goes through ok. If they come with stands, etc I think you could make the case that they're just decorations.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:42 AM

lol. Yeah stopping the bong makers is this administrations #1 priority.

I wouldn't be surprised if if members of the cabinet used you as an example.

Def. Don't do do it, you will regret it.
Old 05-28-2007, 01:12 PM

FBI notified In a moment you will be automatically returned to the forum.
Old 05-28-2007, 01:28 PM

I've brought pipes into the US before - but you MUST make sure they haven't been used before. They confiscated my pipes and tested them for resin. Once they came back clean - they sent them back. But they told me if they tested positive they would've been confiscated (and I could've been charged).
Old 05-28-2007, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Right now I'm in Laos, a country that was essentially the opium capital of the world for decades. In many of the tourist shops they sell really nice elaborately crafted opium pipes complete with display stand. I'd like to get one for myself and several as gifts for friends. Obviously possession of a bunch of opium pipes could cause some problems when crossing borders, so shipping them seems like the best solution. The problem is that these are drug paraphernalia by anyone's definition. It's not even possible to smoke tobacco out of them. Normally I wouldn't be worried, but this administration has gone out of their way to prosecute people making and selling bongs, etc. Am I just being paranoid? What should I put on the customs form to limit my chances of the package being opened or seized? Here's a picture of an opium pipe if anyone's curious:

[/ QUOTE ]

I stopped reading here and threw up in my mouth a little bit so I can't answer your question.
Old 05-28-2007, 01:57 PM

Ornamental Flute