Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2007, 01:35 PM

Default Re: Old-Timers Game (GAME THREAD)

day 1

vr showed up day 1 kinda lateish, like at 748pmish. she said she didn’t like the nich votes. said jared was being more wolfy than he normally is, and said traz was a villager.
she makes a joke vote for durr, then switches to Stephen “because she doesn’t like the nich votes” at 753pm.

shorty tells her to vote jared over Stephen at 754pm.

she doesn’t reply, but at 840pm she posts (in reply to chim pushing jared) “Shorty is on your wolf list and currently pushing JaredL. Thoughts?”

906pm boiler posts :
nich: 6
stephen: 5
Jared: 4

at 909pm vr posts: [ QUOTE ]
I will switch to jared if a nich voter will.

[/ QUOTE ]

she already said jared was acting wolfy. she never said Stephen was wolfy. she said she was only voting Stephen because she didn’t like nich votes. for her to switch from Stephen to jared would not endanger nich any more or less, as second place would still have 5 votes. why does she need nich voters to switch?
shorty was trying to push jared a bit, she said jared was wolfy,why wouldn’t vr simply switch to jared and help shorty push for him?

patton votes Stephen at 912pm
shorty switches from nich to jared at 912pm
Stephen switches from nich to jared at 913pm
this makes it jared 7, Stephen 5, nich 4 according to boiler post. Stephen said that vrs vote for him wasnt included in the count yet.
vr switches from Stephen to jared at 915pm
I don’t see where the huge villager credit for vr day 1 is coming from? if anything, this activity was more wolf than villager imo (a wolf not wanting to be sitting on a villager when another wolf gets lynched with only 1-2 more votes, especially if you were the wolf and had given no real reason for voting for the second place villager)

as far as eskimo goes, he wasn’t around late, and I didn’t notice anything odd from him. popped a couple votes here and there and split. eskimo ended on Stephen, but was there most of the day iirc.

chuck did the normal vote here and there, and then noticed that jared was acting odd. chucks last vote was for jared. before he left, he made an angry post about seer strategy that I thought was very out of character for chuck.

of the three, probably chuck was most wolflike I guess with his angry antiseer strategy post. vr close second. eskimo is meh due to lack of activity and it being day 1.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:47 PM

Um,

the reason I wanted someone to switch with me was because it would put jared in the lead.

l

d

o

Shorty didn't like the Stephen wagon, because he thought he was a villager. He said jared was wolfy, but he was voting nichp. If we both switched our votes, it put the person we agreed on in the lead.

It's called using leverage to achieve a desired end: killing jared instead of stephen.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:50 PM

*instead of nichp.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Um,

the reason I wanted someone to switch with me was because it would put jared in the lead.

l

d

o

Shorty didn't like the Stephen wagon, because he thought he was a villager. He said jared was wolfy, but he was voting nichp. If we both switched our votes, it put the person we agreed on in the lead.

It's called using leverage to achieve a desired end: killing jared instead of stephen.

[/ QUOTE ]
your vote on stephen was as valuable as your vote on jared even if nobody switched. either way its 6 nich, 5 for somebody else. except, if you switched alone, the second wagon would then have been on somebody you had already said was a wolf, rather than somebody you had no real reason to be voting for. logically you should switch regardless. if nobody switches, then either nich or stephen get lynched, both of whom you apparently felt were villagers. add to that the fact that jared had much more of a push developing than stephen, and it makes no sense to hold out on switching to jared if you were a villager.

killing jared instead of stephen was your goal the whole time? I see. sorry, I couldn’t tell.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:12 PM

heres the thing vr,
if its 6-5-4 late, and im a villager on the 5, and the 4 is the person who i think is the most likely wolf, im switching to the 4 in a heartbeat.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
heres the thing vr,
if its 6-5-4 late, and im a villager on the 5, and the 4 is the person who i think is the most likely wolf, im switching to the 4 in a heartbeat.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you do that, than nichp, who you are virtually certain is a villager, dies.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think eskimo is dumb enough and fps-y enough to gamble on kill and clear himself?

Because I do.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 06-28-2007, 02:21 PM

scott - any questions? ill reread some more now but im pretty sure its chuck
Old 06-28-2007, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
holy crap reading back.... this is the sickest wolf game ever played by anyone ever if its vr, if she is the wolf here im actually scared to play with her again....

has to be chuck..... still re-reading for anything solid

[/ QUOTE ]
nich, this eskimo post makes me think hes the wolf really, or at least the most wolflike of the 3 remaining, but only slightly.

[/ QUOTE ]

your basing your vote on tone in a post made today in like a 20 day game....

[ QUOTE ]
one reason is because im not under the impression anybody has done any super wolfing. when we find out the last wolf, im not going to be surprised at all, no matter who it is.
eskimo really sounds like hes trying to setup a “OMG I CANT BELIEVE IT WAS VR THE WHOLE TIME” speech tomorrow if we go chuck and are wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

i am more clear than vr, it is her that should be doing that to me. also i said a long time ago that i didnt trust her.

[ QUOTE ]
eskimo has the Tokyo kill on his side, but im not sure how much that clears him, plus I want to revisit that day and see how many peeks Tokyo laid out, if eskimo was somebody he cleared that day, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

listen to nich on this plz

[ QUOTE ]
chuck has only the jared vote on his side, which is not much either considering that’s one of the things vr is apparently being cleared for as well. chuck did have that apparent (faked?) anger about the seer strategy posts, which really struck me as odd.
vr has her jared vote, and a couple of those other things she listed on her side, but imo none were really things a wolf couldn’t do. vr did say on the same day within a few hours that chuck/yuppie haven’t done anything to be villagers, then said chuck was her number 1 villager (or was it #2? either way its odd)
im still gonna read for a bit today when I get time
if it takes too long, ill just vote

[/ QUOTE ]

or how about you just let it go another day considering its crunch time in a majority lynch. dont get it wrong
Old 06-28-2007, 02:49 PM

So let me get this straight, the reason all of you feel I am the best choice is the night kills? Do you all even know what I do with wolf kill as wolf. I never make kills that concretely give evidence to the village. I would never kill traz day 3 when he could be easily be faking and give the village 3 villagers. If I'm going to kill Tokyo I kill him night 2 when there would still be reasonable doubt that it could be a setup. For godsakes I would never leave Nich (the techinicality afficionado, who will never vote Eskimo) and Mostsmooth (most stubborn bastard in POG who has had in for me since day 1 because I cursed at seer strat) in the final 5 with me. The kills have been blatantly setting this up and I pity which ever one of you has to make the decision tomorrow if you lynch me.