Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: weed
weed 12 100.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-22-2007, 07:26 PM

Default Re: 25k at the 60s in 1 month challenge

I've got gravey up $2271 over 802 SNGs since friday so far.

Not too bad.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:03 PM

Heh. I won $1900 Friday night grinding 8-table sets over about 50 sngs. And I was down almost $1k to start. Exhausting. Luckily I was watching TV and getting a nice buzz, or it would have really been hell.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:48 AM

I would be concerned if I were spacegravy at this point. Really think a week or two test run before the bet would have been prudent.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:04 AM

Venetian, I know you play a lot of volume. But wasn't spacegravy known for heavy volume previously? Wouldn't he have a good idea what he was getting himself into?

I'm not saying it is easy or anything. I would never consider even attempting it myself. But, it seems to me spacegravy is one of the few that actually has played heavy enough volumes in the past to give this a shot.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:38 AM

I've watched spacegravy 25 table, he can play the volume. The only question is what his ROI will be in the 60s, well that and will anyone who bet against him sit and spite call him.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've watched spacegravy 25 table, he can play the volume. The only question is what his ROI will be in the 60s, well that and will anyone who bet against him sit and spite call him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, interesting that could get fierce in the last few days if he's close, not sure how worthwhile it would be at this point though EV wise.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Players are spitecalling me right now, but the thing is it's just gonna cost them too much money in the long run. It's not really bothering me just have to adjust.

I'm very certain I can beat these games for at least an 8% roi... was at 8% after my first 800, today was just incredibly brutal.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Players are spitecalling me right now, but the thing is it's just gonna cost them too much money in the long run. It's not really bothering me just have to adjust.

I'm very certain I can beat these games for at least an 8% roi... was at 8% after my first 800, today was just incredibly brutal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm probably just being a downer, but I said beforehand that he better get off to a good start and today didn't work. Honestly, it's really easy to sit there and go "hey, if I played X SNG's every day at X% ROI, I could make X amount of money!" It's totally different when you actually sit down to do it.

Honestly, I would suggest getting to bed by 3-4 AM at the latest and getting some games in against the Euro evening crowd. Historically, I've always run better during the day, by 3-5%, but circumstances force me to put in time late at night.

Unfortunately, the brutal days count just as much as the good ones. Also, the spite calling will hurt you as much as it will hurt them...you just have more riding on it. Sorry and good luck.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:23 AM

Thanks for the advice, prob is I don't think enough of them run 1am-5am
Old 10-23-2007, 02:46 AM

Weeknights are nit-city, particularly Tue-Thu, getting worse each day. Play day or early morning. Avoid primetime.

I honestly don't think you can have a positive ROI during this time while playing like a bot. You have to be able to pick up some timing tells, make some reads, track the table dynamic, etc. Even steal some pots and make a play every now and then, which is almost impossible 25-tabling. I think you'd have a better chance 8-tabling during the nitty times.