Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2007, 02:56 PM

Default how often do they not remember?

Lets say a friend acts like a dick on a drunken night. He gets called out on it the next day and says, "I'm sorry I don't remember anything from last night blah blah." How often do they genuinely not remember?
Old 03-12-2007, 02:58 PM

Default Re: how often do they not remember?

What kind of an answer are you looking for?
45% of the time?

It depends on the person and how alcohol affects them? Some people black out from just a little bit of booze, some people never do.

I would say that the chances go up if you're friend is a dick sans booze.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:59 PM

Since I started drinking at the age of 17 or so, Ive only had this happen twice, once when someone was sneaking vodka into my screwdrivers, and the other was at my first open bar wedding. Ive never said I dont remember soemthing happening though, except those two times.

Edit: I never did anything to be a dick when I blacked out either, I was just really really drunk from what I was told.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:59 PM

I usually remember after being jogged back into my head, but I very often don't recall events without being reminded of them.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:07 PM

I was a full blown alcoholic and I can only think of one time it happened for me. Amazingly, it was the night I lost my virginity (supposedly, I mean, how will I ever know for sure).

Ray
Old 03-12-2007, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was a full blown alcoholic and I can only think of one time it happened for me. Amazingly, it was the night I lost my virginity (supposedly, I mean, how will I ever know for sure).

Ray

[/ QUOTE ]

I find that hilarious [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

especially cause like, you'd still have zero sex experience after having sex
Old 03-12-2007, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Ray

[/ QUOTE ]

Was he gentle? I mean you don't remember it and all, but it must have hurt at least a little bit [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

OP - I have heard this before and usually let it go the first time around. If it keeps happening, I will remind my friend that he is an adult and still responsible for his actions. It's his choice to drink enough to effectively "black out", so he has to deal with the consequences.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:22 PM

happened to me on thurs---

was at a friends house drinking (10 people there maybe).
- freind of mine started to act like a dick for like 30 min at some point during the night (yes, we are actually really good friends).
- he didnt do anbything about his dicksihness at the party, nor did i call him out becuase i didnt want to start [censored].
- he text messaged me the next day saying (sorry about being a dik yesterday, i was frustrated with (his girlfriend)
-i texted him back "np, but thanks for apoligizing"

moral of story - yes he most likely remembers, he prob jhust wants to avoid the situation

side note: when im drunk, i would def remember being a dick to someone and all the interesting things that happen. just the uninteresting crap i forget. -it is possible if they consume lots of alcohol
Old 03-12-2007, 03:30 PM

i black out really easily even when im still in control so im usually telling the truth
Old 03-12-2007, 03:32 PM

This varies a ton from person to person. For me personally, I can very easily drink enough to "black out" to the point where I don't remember fairly long periods of time where I'm actually awake and active (several hours easily possible). I don't like this at all, but it happens.

For reference the amount of alcohol it takes to get me to get sick is FAR FAR more than the amount it takes for me not to remember most of the night. I lost memory MANY times in college, but I've only been sick a couple times ever from alochol (none of which I remember of course).

I've done some wacky stuff in those periods of non-memory (mostly involving urination) - but nothing that bad. Everytime I've said I haven't remembered something, I've been telling the truth. Occasionally there is a grey area, usually I remember some event very faintly as if it was in a dream, definitely not something that actually happened. Then I'll hear from others than in fact this did occur. And honestly, the stories I hear about what I said the night before (that I don't remember) - these are almost always things I consider truth, but would rarely say while not intoxicated (embarrassing, offensive, occasionally hurtful, etc).