Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2006, 09:53 PM

Default Re: *** Official thread for Ed\'s QEFTSG appearance 6/20 ***

[ QUOTE ]
Did anyone else think Ed's apartment seemed small on the show? Given his fame around here, I guess I was envisioning something...well...bigger. Maybe this is explained by the high cost of living there? Or that he's saving all his winnings?

[/ QUOTE ]

Elaine and I aren't big spenders. In general, I think most Americans way overspend on housing.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:57 PM

Ed...are you renting or are you owning?
Old 06-22-2006, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ed...are you renting or are you owning?

[/ QUOTE ]

Renting. Elaine owned a one bedroom condo when I met her, but we felt it was a little small for us (650 sq. ft.), so we rented a two bedroom apartment together when we got married, and we sold the condo.

We had planned to buy a small house after our lease was up... but then we decided that we want to travel the world (at least some of it) before we "settle down." So we're probably going to keep renting until we are ready to commit to a place for five years plus.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Did anyone else think Ed's apartment seemed small on the show? Given his fame around here, I guess I was envisioning something...well...bigger. Maybe this is explained by the high cost of living there? Or that he's saving all his winnings?

[/ QUOTE ]

Elaine and I aren't big spenders. In general, I think most Americans way overspend on housing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also there is more to the apartment than was shown--another bedroom and bath.Oddly they didn't show the balcony which was the usual apartment complex uninviting little patch of concrete. Now it has a sort of bamboo-ish-looking screen for privacy, chairs and lots of plants. It's a very pleasant and usable space--some folks were sitting outside during the viewing party the other night--and it makes the living room seem more spacious and attractive because all the plants, etc., can be seen through the glass doors leading to the balcony. This is an example of how relatively minor decorating improvements can make a big difference.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:13 PM

Someone asked about the neatness of the apartment. We weren't told anything except to keep it as it was. We pretty much followed directions except Ed hid our giant lizard flag lest the Queer Eye crew damaged it.

About Ed's appearance, he was told to "let himself go." He took that to mean drink more beer and stop exercising. His beard was simply a natural result of his forgetfulness.

We rent the apartment shown on Queer Eye. During filming, we owned a condo as well, which is where I spent the nights with the cats while QE redecorated. We have since sold the condo.

Our finances are really none of your business, but if you must know, we save a hell of a lot. We plan to have a couple kids and they will probably go to private schools. We plan to retire early as well. And I would love to open an animal sanctuary (which I'm afraid will become a money pit) so we need to have plenty of savings for when I begin that project, too.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Ed...

I was deployed with the Pennsylvania National Guard down to Louisiana after Katrina and through Rita.

We were based in Hammond and then did distribution points at Cavenaugh Park (I can't remember that name exactly), Franklinton, Bogalusa, Sulfur, and a few other places. It has been so long that I forget now. I never got to go into New Orleans.

First off, those lovebugs suck!!! How can you deal with those?

Secondly, I didn't know you lived down there.

Thirdly, I saw a lot of that destruction and I wish the best for you and your family.

Fourthly, I forget the rest of what I wanted to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool.. thanks so much to you and everyone else who helped out the gulf coast.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I couldnt help noticing a copy of Food's of India book on Ed's dining room table before the makeover. I have this same book, and thought this might be good karma for me.

Ed, if you see this post, what is your favorite recipe from that book? Are you or Elaine interested in Indian food, or is it both of you?

[/ QUOTE ]

We both like Indian food a lot. That's one of my favorite cookbooks... I like making the Punjabi Cabbage and Saag Paneer. We're both veggies, so Indian food is perfect for us.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
did they ask you to run everywhere or do you just run everywhere you go?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, I run.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did anyone besides me notice that Ed needed a shave by the time of the tournament?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good catch. The tournament was maybe 36 hours after the shave.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
am i insane for thinking they intentionally exagerrated Ed's look towards hobo-esque for the "before"/pre-makeover?

[/ QUOTE ]

About three weeks before the show, the producer asked me to "let myself go." That's the longest I've ever gone without shaving.