Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2007, 10:16 PM

Default 5/10 Borgata NL Rule Question

I think I am turning into a nit...

There was a 3 way split pot during a 5/10 NL game at the Borgata. The dealer who is probably the best one in the room proceeded to split up a $5 chip into singles. I shouted out, whites ($1 chips) don't play, so he shouldn't split the $5 chip. He insisted that I was wrong, that the whites don't play, but that does not have anything to do with chopping up a pot. Am I wrong?
Old 09-09-2007, 11:09 PM

Default Re: 5/10 Borgata NL Rule Question

You are right, at Borgata if whites don't play they chop to the red, still nitty to even notice that though.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:14 PM

So you were in earliest position and would have made an extra $3?
Old 09-09-2007, 11:20 PM

yea, you're right and nitty.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:23 PM

I was not in the hand, but I was just curious whether I was right or not. I had seen other dealers not give whites out.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:30 PM

The Borgata dealers aren't all on the same page on this. I've seen most of them split it down to whites even in games where whites don't play, with some adamant that it is correct to do so. Others don't and are just as adamant about it. Some are wishy-washy and do what the players tell them if they say another dealer does it the other way. I guess no one has brought it to the floor's attention to enforce one rule uniformly because it would be too nitty.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:34 PM

Don't know anything about no-limit, but in 20-40 limit whites don't play, and the extra red chip is broken down into whites in a three-way chopped pot. It has always been that way at the Borgata, and it was that way at the Taj before there was a Borgata.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The Borgata dealers aren't all on the same page on this. I've seen most of them split it down to whites even in games where whites don't play, with some adamant that it is correct to do so. Others don't and are just as adamant about it. Some are wishy-washy and do what the players tell them if they say another dealer does it the other way. I guess no one has brought it to the floor's attention to enforce one rule uniformly because it would be too nitty.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Borgata dealers aren't even on the same page as to how to award the extra chip. I've seen some use closest to the button, highest suit of card that played, or even highest suit of either pocket card.

But its never really bothered me.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't know anything about no-limit, but in 20-40 limit whites don't play, and the extra red chip is broken down into whites in a three-way chopped pot. It has always been that way at the Borgata, and it was that way at the Taj before there was a Borgata.

[/ QUOTE ]

what about HU?
Old 09-10-2007, 12:35 AM

In the red chips limit games I deal, we pull out one and make change for the BBJ, so there are whites in the pots already. But if we're under the BBJ number for the table, I'll chop a red for a split pot. I'll ask my supervisor tonight if that's proper.