Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2007, 04:20 AM

Default Conspiracy theories in history (LC)

Mods - This was the only forum I thought I might get reasonable informed replies.

When I google to find info on politics or finance, I'm often directed to conspiracy theorists' websites. While some are interesting, others frightening, and a few hilarious, there seems to be more "conspiracy theories" now than ever before.

I assume the internet and the availablity of information sharing coupled with lack of censorship is largely responsible for their growth and popularity.

I was wondering what large-scale conspiracy theories were prevalent in the past (ie-before the internet).

A few I can think of off the top of head:
-The deaths of JFK, Marilyn Monroe, Princess Diana, Bruce Lee
-Crash of '29
-The purchase of world-changing patents and subsequent supression of development. (eg-oil companies buying and shelving patents on cheap renewable energy souces, or drug companies doing the same with cures etc.)
-Roswell

I'm more interested in theories that were prevalent in historical context rather than contemporary historians and researchers digging up new information on historical events (eg- The DaVinci Code, Battle of Hastings etc.)

Could you please list any famous conspiracies from history?
Old 10-08-2007, 04:36 AM

Default Re: Conspiracy theories in history (LC)

Think you left out one of the biggest; that the Jews control everything and are to blame for all that is bad. From Martin Luther to Adolf Hitler the theory of a Jewish elite controlled all economy and used their power to disrupt Europe and America has played a large role in some of the worst events in human history.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:42 AM

The illuminati

It's all just bonkers stuff, but it has all the Davinci Code mystique and allure by the bucketloads. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2007, 04:56 AM

Hmm, if you bring up the Illuminati then this thread is over, because arent they accused of being the masterminds behind everything? Seems like whether it is baby Jesus crying or your grandmother dying of cancer at 98 years of age the Illuminati is to blame one way or another. And the Illuminati-theory basically covers all other theories, its like an umbrella-organization for all those who want something bad.

My favorite conspiracy theorist has to be this guy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Icke
Old 10-08-2007, 05:57 AM

USS Liberty
Old 10-08-2007, 07:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm, if you bring up the Illuminati then this thread is over, because arent they accused of being the masterminds behind everything? Seems like whether it is baby Jesus crying or your grandmother dying of cancer at 98 years of age the Illuminati is to blame one way or another. And the Illuminati-theory basically covers all other theories, its like an umbrella-organization for all those who want something bad.

My favorite conspiracy theorist has to be this guy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Icke

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, this is outstanding stuff, quoted from the wiki:

[ QUOTE ]
In 1999, he published The Biggest Secret, in which he wrote that the Illuminati are a race of reptilian humanoids known as the Babylonian Brotherhood, and that many prominent figures are reptilian, including George W. Bush, Queen Elizabeth II, Kris Kristofferson, and Boxcar Willie . [3][5

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-08-2007, 07:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, this is outstanding stuff, quoted from the wiki:

[ QUOTE ]
In 1999, he published The Biggest Secret, in which he wrote that the Illuminati are a race of reptilian humanoids known as the Babylonian Brotherhood, and that many prominent figures are reptilian, including George W. Bush, Queen Elizabeth II, Kris Kristofferson, and Boxcar Willie . [3][5

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure about reptillian, but I'm pretty sure Margaret Thatcher was not human.

At least if she was, not technically a female one.

FWIW, I read David Icke's "The Biggest Secret" years ago when it first came out. It's actually really interesting, although he tends introduce his "unusual" ideas in a matter-of-fact way. He used to be a pro-footballer, then MP and then joined the Green Party. They kicked him out for being a little too wild with his ideas. In fact, i think even the Natural Law Party gave him the elbow.

Shapeshift. gogogogo
Old 10-08-2007, 08:42 AM

Operation Northwoods (=Reichstag Fire) should be known better.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
USS Liberty

[/ QUOTE ]
This one is actually true. In a huge article in the Tribune a few days ago, they lay out an absolutely damning case based on eye witness accounts and radio intercepts that the Israelis knew they were attacking an American ship. It is also probable that the Johnson administration knew the Israelis knew and decided to cover it up.

Anyhoo, I thought the standard biggest conspiracy theory besides JFK was that FDR let the Japanese attack Pearl Harbor.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The illuminati

It's all just bonkers stuff, but it has all the Davinci Code mystique and allure by the bucketloads.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think denying that there are people behind the scenes pulling major strings on world events is naive.

Bilderberg Group where elite world people meet once a year with intense security and no media present. No on really knows what they talk about.

Bohemian Grove happens in California every year and has presidents and all kinds of people there who do mock pagan rituals. Supposedly just a yearly drunken orgy of powerful people.

The Council on Foreign Relations can be said to run the country. The people who actually do run the country are members or have been directors in the past(i.e. Cheney). This is like the State dept's bed buddy.

These are just a couple examples. But an organization like the CFR really does run the country. And those members of the CFR are "illuminati"