Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2007, 07:39 PM

Default Re: Driving the Ball 280 to 300.....Really???

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I went in to a Golf Galaxy on a weekday, no one there, and hit drivers forever. I carried the majority of them 245 or more. It was a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Last time I was at a Golf Galaxy, I found that the putting surfaces was rigged. If I hit the ball left of the hole and it would break right. If I hit the ball right of the hole, it would break left.

You couldn't see anything just by looking, but for all the holes, there were subtle channels to guide the ball towards the hole. Since most people are going to be putting from one hole to another hole, they can easily anticipate the paths that the ball will most often take, and then set up the channels appropriately.

Gee I guess I'll go plunk down $300 for this new putter, since I can't miss... OK maybe not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, yea, I've noticed this too. I'd try to miss putts by a little bit, and make them all.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thinly veiled (and not very good) brag post?

Driving contest HU for rollz? I'm sure a number in here would take that bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heres me at impact with 7 iron.

Still want that bet... don't think so...

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're trolling, this is awesome A+

If you're serious, this may be the funniest post I've ever seen on the internets, hahahaha.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah my thoughts too.

Fwiw i have played with 3 teaching pros and a handfull of playing pros (a few european challenge tour players) and these guys is within 25 yards of eachother in carry.

I have only seen one guy blowing it further everytime, and this being a nineteen years old non-pro (hdc 0,8) , who to be fair was a big guy.
Anyway this guy had a Angel Cabrera similar swing, and hit the ball so sick sweet i have absolutely no idear how he could hit it so much harder than everybody else, but he did (this not being 300 y carry obv).
His drive just kept rising for what seems like hours.
I mean this guy had a monster swing that i for sure cant follow, and i realise this, but fortunatly i dont have to, cause the pros i have seen in action doesnt hit it farther (i have seen Thomas Bjørn, Anders Hansen and Søren Hansen at my club, players not that known in US, but in the good half of driving av on the european tour).

If people are talking about carry in no wind on a flat hole, no elevated tee, an average of 300y is impossible these days
Old 10-10-2007, 03:10 PM

an o with a slash through it is awesome
Old 11-09-2007, 06:33 AM

I can usually smack the ball 280 yards. My problem is that my next shot is from the other fairway on the right.