Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2007, 09:39 PM

Default Re: $3 Million Downsizing.............

Bld,

I was saying >2M = Cali + Fed tax burden.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Guys,

FWIW, if Brian made 5M from poker last year, in California he'd owe something over 2M in taxes. Obviously a good accountant can help relieve some tax burden, but for people estimating his earnings from poker, how much he has made is far less than what his net worth is from poker. Having said that, if he has been investing wisely, his pre-tax amount could easily be far more than the amount he's made from poker alone.

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is that he has won less than $10 million from poker, probably 8.

If he won 5 last year almost $500,000 would go to CA state taxes.

[/ QUOTE ]

So his downswing was about 1/3 - 1/2 of his total bankroll. Pretty rough. Good luck, Brian. Definitely rooting for you and I hope you make it out okay.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:11 PM

The more degen you get- the more variance you are gonna hit.. I predict a 'LOL I just won 3mil in the big game + 5mil flipping sammy' post some time soon.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:29 PM

if i were brian i would try to lose the other 2M i won this year just so i wouldnt have to pay taxes. fking govt!
Old 07-23-2007, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Two words of advice

Perky
Benyamine

oh.

and Zigmund

[/ QUOTE ]

indeed. while i understand brian wants to be the best and beat the 2nd best, i have never understood his compulsion to always play anyone, at any game, even when he's not on top of his game or running well. when you combine this with the fact that he knows he tilts, it just blows my mind. play with table selection for like a [censored] week and get your game straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

WORD. Look at what BT wrote in the above article, ..."I want to stay on top for the forseeable future and I realize that there are going to be younger, hungrier, and smarter players that are going to come along and challenge me. I am going to need to constantly improve my game to stay ahead of these players (Just look at the big winners in the NLH games on FTP I am one of the oldest). I remain dedicated to studying and to keep learning the game even if I think I am the best because there will be others who come along who will challenge me. I will not let complacency or any of the aforementioned vices be my downfall."

This just shows that Brian certainly has an ego problem/ personality defect. It doesn't seem that he has a completely sober-minded view of the game. Is he playing poker to maximize EV, or is he performing some kind of ego-masturbation...a big-boy version of "King of the Hill"?

I think the dude should set aside a small portion of his BR and time for circle-jerking with the other egoists, and spend the majority of his time crushing games that he has a huge edge in.

Hey Brian! You are setting yourself up for a big downfall if you can't learn how to get control of your retarded "top of the food chain or die" attitude. What's up with that? Smarten.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Two words of advice

Perky
Benyamine

oh.

and Zigmund

[/ QUOTE ]

indeed. while i understand brian wants to be the best and beat the 2nd best, i have never understood his compulsion to always play anyone, at any game, even when he's not on top of his game or running well. when you combine this with the fact that he knows he tilts, it just blows my mind. play with table selection for like a [censored] week and get your game straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

WORD. Look at what BT wrote in the above article, ..."I want to stay on top for the forseeable future and I realize that there are going to be younger, hungrier, and smarter players that are going to come along and challenge me. I am going to need to constantly improve my game to stay ahead of these players (Just look at the big winners in the NLH games on FTP I am one of the oldest). I remain dedicated to studying and to keep learning the game even if I think I am the best because there will be others who come along who will challenge me. I will not let complacency or any of the aforementioned vices be my downfall."

This just shows that Brian certainly has an ego problem/ personality defect. It doesn't seem that he has a completely sober-minded view of the game. Is he playing poker to maximize EV, or is he performing some kind of ego-masturbation...a big-boy version of "King of the Hill"?

I think the dude should set aside a small portion of his BR and time for circle-jerking with the other egoists, and spend the majority of his time crushing games that he has a huge edge in.

Hey Brian! You are setting yourself up for a big downfall if you can't learn how to get control of your retarded "top of the food chain or die" attitude. What's up with that? Smarten.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are an idiot
Old 07-23-2007, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It would be hilarious to see Brian grinding 10/20 NL in 6 months.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

For the same reason it was funny to see Jerry Browne be the mayor of Oakland, see Flava Flav on the Surreal Life, to see Britney Spears become a fat ugly estranged wife etc

[/ QUOTE ]

cuz ur a loser who hates his life so u hate on anyone with success and take pleasure in the misery of others or seeing others fail as u constantly do?

sad life
Old 07-23-2007, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Two words of advice

Perky
Benyamine

oh.

and Zigmund

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you are an idiot

[/ QUOTE ]

Since I can't determine whether what you say is true, I'll take your word on it. BTW, I'm a fanboy of Brian's, but I still think that his above statement is evidence of a problem that he needs to get fixed before he gets broke.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Two words of advice

Perky
Benyamine

oh.

and Zigmund

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah this is the stupidest analysis of his comments ever, what he said only shows that he is setting himself up for long term success...

these comments are so retarded/ ridiculous
Old 07-23-2007, 11:34 PM

"Over the years, how many internet pros who were the second coming at the time are now bust and never heard from?"

Um, zero?