Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2007, 03:16 AM

Default Live Low Limit Stuff

Just got done from playing a low limit live O8 game at a card room. It was 2-4 with a kill. Typical loose passive table with 6-7 per flop. In about 2 1/2 hours I managed to scoop 2 pots, both were pretty good in size. Also won a lone low half pot that was not bad in size as well. My win rate tonight was around 2.5 BB per hr. I guess that this is pretty good? Not sure. Got a few hands that were really good that held up but for the most part folded most stuff preflop. Still can't believe the crap that people play on any given hand. Is there a rough avg. of good playable hands per hr that one can expect to get over the long run? Seems like my avg. is about 3-5 per hr. or around there. Playable to me=The typical A2, A3 hands, some high hands etc. Bascially the hands that you read about in most books as far as starting hands requirements go(hands not in the blinds). Too tight? I got an AAxx hand tonight that I dumped preflop to a raise. One of the most misplayed hands in O8 to me is an AA hand with not much of a low draw to go with it. Funny, I still got plenty of action even though I was dumping just about everything preflop. Should I play a few more hands than this or stick with this style at the lower limits? Throw in a few more hands like A4sxx A5sxx etc?