Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2007, 10:12 AM

Default $1/2 NL 6 max floating with AK in position against donk

sorry, couldnt find a converter for this site.

NL $1/$2 Texas Hold'em 6-max (Real Money)
Seat 2 is the button
Total number of active players : 6
Seat 1: hero ( $131.92 )
Seat 2: ( $227.95 )
Seat 3: SB ( $47.55 )
Seat 4: BB villan ( $91.80 )
Seat 5: ( $95.30 )
Seat 6: ( $244.94 )
Seat 3 posts small blind [$1]
Villan posts big blind [$2]
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ]
Seat 5 folds
Seat 6 folds
disko raises to [$7]
Seat 2 folds
Seat3 folds
Villan calls [$5]
** Dealing Flop ** [ 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ]
Villan bets [$8]
Hero calls [$8]
** Dealing Turn ** [ Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ]
Villan bets [$15]
Hero raises to [$30]
Villan calls [$15]
** Dealing River ** [ 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ]
Villan checks
Hero goes all-in
Hero bets [$86.92]

Ok, so here is my thought process. I very rarely try anything like this, so it is very unusual for me. No real read on the villian other than he is not great. I am only playing two tables at the time and really concentrating on the play. Otherwise I probably fold this on the flop.

I have a theory that when people bet out of position that they are protecting something. this means that they probably dont have a strong hand. they maybe have one pair, or two pair at best, but anything stronger than that, on a board like this, *usually* they will check out of position, especially if the preflop aggressor is still to act.

On the flop I think about his range and the fact that he is betting out. I think it is a rather weakish bet. I dont put him on a 3, because he is not calling a raise with any hands with a 3. So the best i put him on is a ten, maybe JT-AT, but more likely I think is a pocket pair like 66-99. He is betting out to take the pot down there and then. So i elect to call.

The turn is not a bad card for me, but obviously not as good as a K or an A. If I am right about his range then it is a scary card for him. He bets again, but again it is a weakish bet. I choose to min raise. (This was maybe a mistake - perhaps I should have pot it) I min raised b/c to me it screams 'call me'. I want to appear strong. He calls. At this stage the one hand I am very scared off is QT, as he probably is not folding it.

The river brings 2d, great card for me. No straight draw, no flush draw. He checks. I think having bet out on the previous two streets he is weak. So I continue my aggression and put it all in. I think he is folding all hands less than a Q here, or at least he should do. And if my initial read was right then he may not even have a T, but a lower PP. However, he only has $50 behind him, and the pot is about $80, so it's $50 to call to win $180.

Am I crazy stupid and hate money or did I play it well?
Old 07-31-2007, 10:17 AM

Default Re: $1/2 NL 6 max floating with AK in position against donk

well, can he fold any pair at all???
I would have raised flop if I wnated to take the pot down. If he calls you can put him ai on turn.
I really don't like the min raise on turn.
On river I don't know what you're repping. Are you shoving AQ ?
Old 07-31-2007, 10:49 AM

Default Re: $1/2 NL 6 max floating with AK in position against donk

im repping AA, KK, QQ, JJ, TT, all of which crush his range