Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 04:19 PM

Default suspicious activity on my everest poker account.....

i opened up an account on everest a couple of months ago and initially i played on it a bit but have mostly been playing elsewhere in the last month. I've taken money out of it before but yesterday I withdrew my last $100 out of it to put in elsewhere.

Anyway I get an email from everest today saying that due to suspicious activity on my account they have locked it and they now require FOUR means of identification before they will unlock it, including photo id, credit card details and credit card bills, as well as signing some purchase authorisation form which presumably allows them to bill me for something whenever they feel like it. Now i find this bizarre because i have never used a credit card to deposit or withdraw, only ever neteller.

I am very confused about this situation and pretty pissed off. I have a feeling they are making life hard for me because I decided to take all my money out.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:29 PM

Default Re: suspicious activity on my everest poker account.....

You bring up a good point. I came to the conclusion that it's always better to leave 10 bucks in a site, even if you have no plans to play there again. I have had some bad situations like you when pulling every buck out. Mostly at smaller sites.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:38 PM

Disko: Everest does that to everyone (incl me) whenever they try to withdraw an amount greater than they DEPOSITED. And your final $100 withdrawal may simply have made your total amount withdrawn greater than your total amount deposited.

Send in the docs, and you'll be fine (altho it took them a solid 6 days to unlock my acct after i sent in the docs!) If u only used NT to deposit, like i did, u have to send in a screenshot of your NT page instead of your CC stuff -- at least that's what they had me do).

Yes, i think it's total bush league by Everest to basically ask for these docs essentially as soon as you become a "winning" player in their eyes, but them's the breaks.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:39 PM

it is normal procedure that everest poker asks for identification when you cashout, it happends randomly, but normally it goes pretty quick and after it is done, they won't bother you again.. I didn't send in any details about my credit card though, only my ID and an electricity bill, since I used moneybookers to deposit, and in 2 days everything was unlocked again. Hope this helps.

Ryu
SRB
Old 09-04-2007, 05:47 PM

I would give them the photo ID but since you never used a CC on their site just tell them that you do not have a CC and thus can't send them any CC information.

This has always been a tough issue for me. On the one side sites have to deal with both sketchy people and professional criminals and as such they are constantly suspicious of everything and anything even though 90% of the time the behaviour that triggered the flag is harmless.

Then on the other hand the way they deal with this usually leaves a bad taste in people's mouths. They pretty much have all the power and there is very little a player can do to get funds back other then jump though the insane requests demanded by the site. Most of them are useless and some don't even make sense but there is very little you can do to make them send you the funds.