Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2007, 05:24 PM

Default Tell us about your nickname(s)

I actually have a few and thought this would be something cool to talk about on here. The rules are simple, if you have a nickname tell us what it is and how you got it no matter how silly or serious it is.

White Mike
Got this one in middle school because I was one of the only white kids that played basketball and football. Pretty much the reason they came up with it was because of the show the Waynes Bros and the guy that they called "White Mike" there. This one stuck and people still call me this today and I am almost 25 years old now.

Kilmer
Got this one in college by my fraternity because of the movie varsity blues and the coach from there named Bud Kilmer. I used to have a bad cursing habit which is what led to this name.

The X-Factor
Self given name because of this website. Nothing special here.

The Legend Killer
This one is my personal favorite because a few weeks ago we were playing a heads up tourney and I get heads up in the finals with a guy called "The Legend" and I looked at him and said I guess if you're the legend that makes me the legend killer then and I went on to beat him too.

X
Old 06-19-2007, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Tell us about your nickname(s)

[censored]

Pretty obvious if you read my posts

[censored]

Once some friends saw me on TV streaking during a local football game and came up with this one. Fits perfectly.

[censored]

This one time I was at scout camp that I got into trouble for inappropriate behavior. Somebody said "Wow what a [censored]" and it stuck.

[censored]

This one is a little obscure but it has to do with a cat, a hat and a can of Spaghetti-O's.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:02 PM

Sam

Short for Samuel.

SL__72

Only online. SL = initials, 72 = HS football # for 4 years. Came up with it the first time I played counterstrike online and never changed it. I thought the __ made it look cooler (it was too short without it).

$am

Pronounced "Money am." Obviously that is just Sam with an '$' instead of an 'S.' I know who came up with it but I don't know how or why. I didn't like it until I saw Swingers for the first time after which I embraced it. Yes there are people who actually call me "Money am."

Angry $am

I am a very laid back person. The only times I get angry = tilt caused by poker or video games. Apparently there was a period of time during high school where I had a lot of hostility...?
Old 06-19-2007, 06:53 PM

When I was in the Marching Band at Ohio State I had the nickname "VD".

I got that because when I first showed up for tryouts I was wearing a shirt from the Columbus VD Hotline. It had the words "ZAP CLAP" on the front with two little germs we called Gonna and Rea. The back of the shirt had the Columbus VD Hotline number and address.

We had a friend who volunteered there who got them for a bunch of us. Our parents all hated them but we loved them basically because our parents hated them.

Anyway, The squad leaders running tryouts thought the shirt was funny and just started calling me VD. Even by the time I was out and done with the Marching Band no one knew my real name. I had to work or something and my mom had to go pick something up for me from a band activity and I had to tell her that unless she said she was picking the thing up for VD they would have no idea who it was for. She didn't believe me and tried picking the thing up using my real name. NO one knew who she was talking about so she finally said that it was for VD and they laughed and gave her whatever it was I needed. Too Funny!
Old 06-19-2007, 06:56 PM

At school, I used to play Rugby and was a Forward (the big guys), and was at different times The Big Man, Killer and Cruncher

After school, I went to college, where some guy started calling me Beefy, and the nickname stuck for a long time.

diebitter arose cos I tried to join some site with the username 'diehard', and it was taken, but it offered the alternative diebitter, which I liked.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:07 PM

Taso - it's short for my full greek name, Anastasios. I'm not sure how it's short, just sorta the way it's done. Like Dick for Richard...

Tasocles - During an 11th grade test, I knew I aced it and wrote "Tasocles" (like Sophocles, etc) on the top of the paper. The teacher, who I had/have a good relationship with read it allowed and called me Tasocles the Wise or something, and it stuck. Still, almost everyone calls me Taso, but TASOCLES is my AIM screen name.

T-Bone - first letter of name...yeah, I don't know. This led to a bunch of others that are more fun.

T-Bag (tea bag) - an offshoot of T-Bone

TBG's gay - off shoot of T-Bone, TasoBonesGuys is what it stands for, the "Gay" part made it better rhytmthically...I know it's going to be hard to believe, but I was not a loser in high school :P

The Greek - self explanitory
Old 06-19-2007, 07:17 PM

Deeeennnnnnniiiiissss- There is only 1 "n" the way my parents spelled it.

D-Train- Probably because they heard it on Espn.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:20 PM

Bam Bam - I break things because I don't know my own strength sometimes.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:48 PM

[censored]

explanation really necessary?
Old 06-19-2007, 10:59 PM

-Coltrain

My first name is Cole. In my early 20's some of my friends started saying Coooole train (sounds like Sooooul Train)whenever I walked into a room. A couple of them still do.
I use some variation of Coltrain as my screenname for several things.