Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2007, 11:36 AM

Default Grades Brag

Got A's in Poli Sci and Micro econ. Not bad for 35 with real job, house to work on, 6 month old to care for, and always looking for any excuse to blow off class and play cards.

Brag: A's in both classes
Beat: Decide to finish college at 34, after getting married and buying a house.
Varience: Doing the least amount of work possible will eventualy bite me in the ass.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:45 AM

Default Re: Grades Brag

Congrats. im actually envious. i only have a semester + few credits until i graduate, but i dropped out about 3 years ago
Old 05-21-2007, 12:02 PM

I hate old [censored] who come back all ambitious because they already know the real world sucks and do well and [censored] up the curve in every class.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:36 PM

I think the curve gave me the A in econ. Besides I did so little work that if i screwed up the curve for someone they deserve what they got and should drop out and move on to their career in the exciting world of food service.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate old [censored] who come back all ambitious because they already know the real world sucks and do well and [censored] up the curve in every class.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're welcome. Went to college at 38, finished a bachelor's in 3 1/2 years with a 4.0 GPA. All you young, lazy morans made the curve a breeze.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:16 PM

That post was mostly in jest; I currently have a 3.7. It probably would be a tiny bit higher without the elderly in class, but not really too much.

Actual question: Is it strange at all going to college when you are noticeably older than everyone else? Do you think teachers treat you any differently?
Old 05-21-2007, 01:20 PM

I took a night class as a sophmore where 90% of the people were over 30 years old. It was by far the easier class I have ever taken. Not saying it is like this for all of these classes, I am just speaking from experience.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That post was mostly in jest; I currently have a 3.7. It probably would be a tiny bit higher without the elderly in class, but not really too much.

Actual question: Is it strange at all going to college when you are noticeably older than everyone else? Do you think teachers treat you any differently?

[/ QUOTE ]
lol @ "elderly". Excellent.

I went to night classes thinking there would be more "elderly" students, but a solid 90% were regular college age (or maybe mid-twenties). At 38, I was the oldest in every class I took. It was a little intimidating at first, but I ended up making a lot of 20-something friends.

I do think teachers treated me with more respect, but I believe a lot of it came from me showing them that I took my studies seriously. They aren't used to that. I wasn't joking about the young, lazy morans. My classes were filled with them.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You're welcome. Went to college at 38, finished a bachelor's in 3 1/2 years with a 4.0 GPA. All you young, lazy morans made the curve a breeze.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume you managed to avoid English.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume you managed to avoid English.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice level.

Right? Right?!?!