Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2007, 09:57 PM

Default Re: Moving Up In Stakes

[ QUOTE ]
Guthrie, how much of the end of that graph is 6.5s? If you're even breakeven at 27s you should be crushing the 6.5s.

[/ QUOTE ]

About a third of the graph is 6.50s. I was running 8% at the 16s and 27s before the nosedives began and I moved down, and I'm at 3.56% over 3058 6.50s. I don't really see much difference between the 6.50s and 16s. I push, I get called, I bust out.

Maybe I should just take the advice of the arrogant jerks and fold into the money at the 6.50s since it's so easy. Unfortunately none of them have been able to show me how to do that when there are six players left at 100/200 and I have 800 chips.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:07 PM

I think there might some correlation between constantly having a halved stack by level 6, and only beating hte 6.50s for 3.5% (lol).

In Pokertracker, are you profitable at all blind levels.

Let's start with the 6.50s, as there is no point in discussing higher buy-ins when you hardly beat these micro stakes.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think there might some correlation between constantly having a halved stack by level 6, and only beating hte 6.50s for 3.5% (lol).

Let's start with the 6.50s, as there is no point in discussing higher buy-ins when you hardly beat these micro stakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no point in discussing anything with you. You've already made your diagnosis. Now all you want is more opportunities to take cheap shots.

Knock yourself out.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:20 PM

If you've had so many reliable people review HH's and tell you that you have no leaks, why not post 1 or 2 SNG's full HH's on here and be open to hearing what people on here say. Plenty of people will review one or two games for you. While that's obviously very small sample size, it'll give all of us a much better idea how you're playing.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:12 AM

Guthrie:
[ QUOTE ]
You can talk all you want about ICM and putting people on ranges, but eventually you have to push, and when I push, I get called, and when I get called, I lose. I am continually amazed at how people can consistently win all-ins regardless of the cards going in, but that appears to be what's required to be a winning player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Other person:
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, some bad play right there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guthrie responds:
[ QUOTE ]
How can you possibly know that?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
and I'm at 3.56% over 3058 6.50s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 11-16-2007, 12:13 AM

Guthrie if you like u could play 4 or so games, send me (and ur other doubters) the hand histories and I'll have a look at them for you. In return you have to stop whining like a little girl.

To OP your bankroll should be largely based on your roi. If ur roi is > 13% or so then 30-40 BIs should be fine. If roi < 5% then you'll probably need something closer to 200 BIs. I dont think I've ever dropped much more that 20 BIs.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:31 AM

I forgot the original purpose of this thread lol. To OP, even if we assume Guthrie is at the very ends of the spectrum of luck and runs worse than anyone alive, the chances of having another player on the forum who does the same is quite small. So feel free to play with 50-100 buyins depending on what you are comfortable with and what stakes you are playing.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no point in discussing anything with you. You've already made your diagnosis. Now all you want is more opportunities to take cheap shots.

Knock yourself out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the same logic can possibly be redirected at your posts.

Just keep playing and you'll have the same chance of running concurrent to your skill as anyone else. No point getting worked up in silly internet arguments. Good luck.

If you keep running bad, it might be a sign to tune up your game.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:11 PM

3.5% ROI at $6.50s and "bad luck" at higher stakes. Riiiiight.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:12 PM

@ Guthrie -- a coach and a prescription for xanax would be a good restart to your STT career.