Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Poll Continued
Bastard 4 57.14%
F OOT 3 42.86%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-09-2007, 05:41 AM

Default You just found out Online Poker is rigged, your thoughts?

No, I dont believe it is . . . but if one day they told me there was a program in place to keep everyone around the mean, I wouldn't be shocked.

So . . . they just found conclusive evidence that poker programs run on the major sites were, in fact, rigged. You are:
Old 08-09-2007, 07:05 AM

Default Re: You just found out Online Poker is rigged, your thoughts?

There are too many people claiming to be consistent winners for this to be true.

Unless, of course, you believe that a good proportion of the membership of this site are out and out liars.

(I'm assuming that the number of people who are so delusional that they can keep depositing into the PR's coffers and still believe they are overall winners is negligable - possibly not too safe an assumption).
Old 08-09-2007, 07:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
inline poker is rogged

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-09-2007, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are too many people claiming to be consistent winners for this to be true.

[/ QUOTE ]
Every person on 2+2 claims to be a consistent winner.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:48 PM

I would feel very fortunate that it was rigged in my favor since I've been winning for a good while now.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would feel very fortunate that it was rigged in my favor since I've been winning for a good while now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed, that's why directly under the piece you quoted I said:

Unless, of course, you believe that a good proportion of the membership of this site are out and out liars.

(I'm assuming that the number of people who are so delusional that they can keep depositing into the PR's coffers and still believe they are overall winners is negligable - possibly not too safe an assumption).
Old 08-09-2007, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Every person on 2+2 claims to be a consistent winner.

[/ QUOTE ]

not true.

i certainly am not.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good grief.

For the umpteenth millionth time good players winning and sites being rigged are not mutually exclusive.

If the sites are rigged, it's in a subtle nearly imperceptible way that allows them to claim "margin of error" or statistical variance whenever someone points out ridiculous anomalies.

It's not going to be enough to make winners into losers but it will prolong the lives of rake maggots so they can continue doing their part to generate maximum revenues for the site chasing their inside str8 draws.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good grief.

For the umpteenth millionth time good players winning and sites being rigged are not mutually exclusive.

If the sites are rigged, it's in a subtle nearly imperceptible way that allows them to claim "margin of error" or statistical variance whenever someone points out ridiculous anomalies.

It's not going to be enough to make winners into losers but it will prolong the lives of rake maggots so they can continue doing their part to generate maximum revenues for the site chasing their inside str8 draws.

[/ QUOTE ]
Take the foil hat off your head and feel the sun!

Obviously it's true that good players winning and sites being rigged are not mutually exclusive. The sites could be rigged to make sure good players win more, or just a little less.

Still, if you want to believe that the sites are 'just a little bit rigged', you go right ahead. It's doubtful anyone here is going to be able to make you see sense (which is more about the trade off between the extra profit a site could get from rigging and the implications when it was found out that's what they were doing).
Old 08-12-2007, 08:09 PM

If everyone knew it was rigged then it would no longer be rigged. DUCY? Atleast I think this would be the case, i.e juiced flops, longshots hitting more often than they should.

If you and only you found out, it would seem to me that it would be extremely profitable information.