Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 09:16 AM

Default Common scenario reoccuring

I have been getting owned for a while now by guys that are 65/0 over a decent sample of say 100 hands. Either they limp in front of me I raise whiff flop they check call everything on every flop and I cant hit [censored] yet they nail every flop it seems. It should be a dream to have two of these guys at one table right? I'm down a ton to these donks. What suggestions do you guys have for these fish clowns that can't miss. I always seem to be the one suffering and pay them off when they're on their wonderful rush. And, of course, I sit and watch as they give it all away to the other decent players on the table. UGH sorry for the rant but I'm pretty frustrated lately with this crap.

Also anybody thats played with me on stars (bigticketmn) have any notes on me or some helpful suggestions. I am a small winner over a fairly large sample but I feel due to my tilt issues, spewing, playing out of my limits I can never move up successfully and I could do a lot better. Thanks.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:38 AM

Default Re: Common scenario reoccuring

If they arent folding then slow down your betting and look to continue valuebetting your good hands. They probably wont notice the shift in strategy.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:38 AM

Playing a loose/passive is a dream scenario. Here's a fool-proof way to beat these guys (assuming villain is check/calling every street):

1. Sit on their left
2. Raise hands with good equity in position.
3. Bet flop
4. Bet turn
5. Bet your marginal hands for value on the river. Check everything else behind.

In the words of Ed Miller. A loose/passive calls to much with anything and usually doesn't raise. So you should bet more with your marginal hands for value, and bluff less (or never).

So if you got K-hi or better, bet the flop, the turn and then check behind on the river unless you improved.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:47 AM

100 hands is not a decent sample. I'm on a string of about 7,000 where the fishies keep sucking out on me. As frustrating as the little bastards can be at times they still make it very profitable. They will call you down with weak hands and let you know when they have stronger hands. Use that to your advantage.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:50 AM

Move up where they respect your raises and all that.

Don't try and bluff calling stations. Read the board and their action. They play level 0 poker and it makes it easy to save a lot of bets that you would otherwise waste against trickier players. Seriously, I wish every table I was at had 5 of these guys.