Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 02:16 AM

Default Re: Canterbury drama last night

this was the worst nvg thread I've read in a long time. OMG someone said a swear word in a poker room. I want the last 2 minutes of my life back.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:16 AM

this incident was during the day, and ya i see your point, but it is still a tip.

I had a friend hit it and he gave the dealer 6 or 700 i think and from what my friend in the cage had said...the dealer was really pissed.

for me personally it depends on the size of the bbj and whether or not the dealer is doing a good job, being courteous, respectful etc.

they shouldnt expect money though imo
Old 11-09-2007, 02:18 AM

haha if it is gennady this is completely standard. and as mitch said this happens pretty much every day to someone, a warning at least.

i was hoping there would be some actual good drama to read in this thread, im disapointed.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I dont mind the place, but i dont like a lot of the dealers there.

as an example,

I was playing 3 6 or 4 8(lol micros) and i get 9 5 off in the bb checks to me, we see a flop and i flop two pair, and turn a boat(ship the small pot!)

I give the dealer a 2 dollar tip and he looks at me and mutters under his breath "i gave you a full house..." obviously not satisfied with my generosity.

I decided to be a gentlemen about it and not say anything and luckily he rotated to the next table 5 minutes later.

I also have a couple of friends that work in the cage and we have gotten into discussions about hitting the jackpot and how much we would tip the dealer. I figured 4 or 500 would be enough, but i guess a lot of the dealers are EXPECTING 2 to 3 grand and anything less is an insult.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this during days, maybe? CP is my home room and I just have never seen any of this in hundreds of hours of play.

FWIW, the BBJ is so big there you should be tipping like a grand on an average one. But hey, it certainly ain't 2 or 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tip no more than 2 dollars every pot and the dealers are super cool to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe i come off as a prick?

this incident was one dealer and most have been extremely courteous. I would say there are about 4 that i personally do not like as dealers
Old 11-09-2007, 02:28 AM

g-p
Old 11-09-2007, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

as an example,

I was playing 3 6 or 4 8(lol micros) and i get 9 5 off in the bb checks to me, we see a flop and i flop two pair, and turn a boat(ship the small pot!)

I give the dealer a 2 dollar tip and he looks at me and mutters under his breath "i gave you a full house..." obviously not satisfied with my generosity.

I decided to be a gentlemen about it and not say anything and luckily he rotated to the next table 5 minutes later.

I also have a couple of friends that work in the cage and we have gotten into discussions about hitting the jackpot and how much we would tip the dealer. I figured 4 or 500 would be enough, but i guess a lot of the dealers are EXPECTING 2 to 3 grand and anything less is an insult.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this during days, maybe? CP is my home room and I just have never seen any of this in hundreds of hours of play.

FWIW, the BBJ is so big there you should be tipping like a grand on an average one. But hey, it certainly ain't 2 or 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this incident was one dealer and most have been extremely courteous. I would say there are about 4 that i personally do not like as dealers

[/ QUOTE ]

No you don't come off like a prick, I agree there a good handful of dealers at CP that are pricks...especially the guy with the shades he just looks like a prick and yep he is. a buck tip isn't good enuf for him in a huge pot and next hand he chucks cards at me and deliberately causes one to flip and of course its an A. I dont even know if he still works there. My favorite dealer is Canadian Larry hes always upbeat and appreciates tips immensely.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

as an example,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i mean if that is what the dealer said than he/she is the prick so I wouldnt sweat it. Its a shame that the whole joint has to get a reputation, bc of a few bad apples.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

as an example,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No you don't come off like a prick, I agree there a good handful of dealers at CP that are pricks...especially the guy with the shades he just looks like a prick and yep he is. a buck tip isn't good enuf for him in a huge pot and next hand he chucks cards at me and deliberately causes one to flip and of course its an A. I dont even know if he still works there. My favorite dealer is Canadian Larry hes always upbeat and appreciates tips immensely.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, I know exactly who you are referring to and he still works there.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:40 AM

eh?
Old 11-09-2007, 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

as an example,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, I know exactly who you are referring to and he still works there.

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty sure i know who you are talking about. canadian larry is the [censored].

the guy that said that to me wants to be called "falcon" and has a card cutter like larry that says falcon on it.