Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 08:15 PM

Default Vegas Comedy Festival

Considered adding a post to the "vegas show" thread but figured this might be substantial enough alone.

I'm going to Vegas for the first time ever on the 15th of November thru the 18th (late Thurs thru late Sunday). A friend told me that this is when Caesars Palace is having the Las Vegas Comedy Festival. Some big names are performing (Seinfeld, Ellen, Chris Rock) in the main shows but there are also several smaller acts that I wouldn't mind seeing either.

My question I have is if this thing is worth going to. I get to pop my Vegas cherry with 72 hours of weekend. Is paying $100 to see some of these people worth it? I have seen Seinfeld before, and although great he didn't live up to the overly-high expectations that I had in my head. I don't want to spend $100 bucks for a ticket when the free admission comedy club by my house has me laughing on the floor some shows. Maybe I'm being to cautious.

Has anyone been to this festival before? Thoughts?
Old 10-09-2007, 08:34 PM

Default Re: Vegas Comedy Festival

I'm just curious as to why this is posted in General Card room/Brick and Mortar discussion instead of say Travel or The Lounge?

And the answer to if it is worth it is "Depends". What's worth 100 in entertainment to one person may only be worth 10 bucks to another. Go if you want, don't go if you don't want. No need for 2+2 approval of a show that hasn't even taken place yet.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:00 PM

Default Re: Vegas Comedy Festival

[ QUOTE ]
I'm just curious as to why this is posted in General Card room/Brick and Mortar discussion instead of say Travel or The Lounge?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably for the same reason TT posted Read a book in Vegas here. People still use B&M as a place to ask general Vegas questions.

As for OP: Tony, it's your first trip to Vegas, but most people make a show part of a Vegas trip. Plus you are there for three days so you have plenty of time for other stuff.

In your post, you said you get to see comedy at home. So if I were you, I would spend the $100 and see something you can't see at home. Find a list of shows online and pick one that appeals to you.

If this comedy show appeals to you most, go ahead.