Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2006, 12:42 PM

Default Re: KQ off

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would C/R the flop. And take it from there. If he 3 bets me, and nothing comes on the turn to help me then i'm letting it go

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you trying to accomplish with a flop check/raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hang me out to dry with this one , but I ain't donk betting the flop. I really don't want to call down. So its either a rasie or folding. And I think folding is pretty weak, on the basis that your giving him credit for the A or pocket K/Q's.

Thats my explantion now tell me why i'm wrong [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] (which i'm sure you will)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the main thing if ahead here we really don't want our villian to fold. Also depending on what range you put an unknown on here we are probably in pretty bad shape.

Edit to add i would not donk this flop.
Old 08-15-2006, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
C/r the flop is worthless for info on an unknown.

[/ QUOTE ]

raising for info is nearly always 99% wrong IMO.
Old 08-15-2006, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would C/R the flop. And take it from there. If he 3 bets me, and nothing comes on the turn to help me then i'm letting it go

[/ QUOTE ]

The bad thing about this line is your probably just getting called down by KK.
Old 08-15-2006, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you trying to accomplish with a flop check/raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hang me out to dry with this one , but I ain't donk betting the flop. I really don't want to call down. So its either a rasie or folding. And I think folding is pretty weak, on the basis that your giving him credit for the A or pocket K/Q's.

Thats my explantion now tell me why i'm wrong [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] (which i'm sure you will)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the main thing if ahead here we really don't want our villian to fold. Also depending on what range you put an unknown on here we are probably in pretty bad shape.

Edit to add i would not donk this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can understand where you are coming from now. I'll keep and eye on this thread [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-15-2006, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think my plan is to call down to aggression. C/r the flop is worthless for info on an unknown. I think because we got a piece of it, we have equity to call down. There's no real equity to raise it at any point.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, so on the flop, you put him on a range of hands, and there are a good number we beat of them, making folding bad. However, of that set, how many bet the turn? How many continue to bet the river?
Old 08-15-2006, 12:53 PM

DrModern, MrWookie the turn was a complete low brick. I checked he bet and this was where i was lost. If i call i assume the river is a standard bet/fold UI?
Old 08-15-2006, 12:56 PM

I'm probably more likely to go c/c, c/f UI, even though I don't like it. Without a read though, I'll take the safe route until I get one.

I've seen myself call too many bets w/ a 2nd best in the past. I don't think it's turned me weak, but I think we're behind more hands the average player will 3 bet: AQ, AK, AQs, AKs, KQs, AA, KK, QQ, JJ, TT.

There's not much profit there in calling down. I probably have too narrow a range for villain's three bet. I certainly 3-bet more stuff.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think my plan is to call down to aggression. C/r the flop is worthless for info on an unknown. I think because we got a piece of it, we have equity to call down. There's no real equity to raise it at any point.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, so on the flop, you put him on a range of hands, and there are a good number we beat of them, making folding bad. However, of that set, how many bet the turn? How many continue to bet the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't u think all hands in his flop range bet the turn to be able to show down on the river? We can have KJ or something for all he knows. But I don't think a hand worse than top pair will bet this river. So maybe c/c flop and turn and fold river UI?
Old 08-15-2006, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Check-call, reevaluate on turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the turn is a brick?

[/ QUOTE ]

c/f

oop suxor
Old 08-15-2006, 02:14 PM

How about a radically crazy line...bet/call flop, bet/fold turn.

-Jaran