Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2007, 10:06 AM

Default $30-$60

This was a charity event held at a really rich church that I stumbled upon late in the night while intoxicated. I was the least intoxicated person there. No one seemed to know the rules. Literally. So basically assume no body has any idea wtf is going on or any sort of desire to keep their money. Moreover, the dealer didn't even shuffle the cards- the winner of the previous hand got to shuffle the cards, and then the dealer decided that I was the designated card cutter for the table. Sort of insane.

Usually 7 people to the flop and some random random agression post flop. Anyway, 2 people ended going 4 bets on this turn K1074. One dude had A5 in this hand.

The hand in Question:

6 calls to me in the BB. I check K5.

Flop KK5. Nice

I check. Checked Around. I sigh.

Turn Q (puts up flush draw).

I check. (if at 1st you don't succeed). Dude bets in EP. 1 caller. I c/r. Dude tries to put me all in (seriously). There was then some debate about whether he was allowed to put me all in. I remained silent. It was decided that no, he was not allowed to so he just raised. Other dude folded. I tried to raise but I was then told it was a 3 bet cap.

River 2. I check . . .

Meh? What is a better value maxmizing line? I like my flop check because despite there generally reardedness, I don't see much calling the flop bet.