Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 04:58 AM

Default Is Absolute the place to play now? I still have money there apparently

Ok guys I have read the super-user threads and Absolute’s response and things look iffy. My biggest problem with any rigged theories is that if there is a super-user who is sophisticated enough to see hole cards would they not just have the intelligence to win large amounts of money without drawing attention to themselves by playing like a maniac. I know I would not be drawing attention to myself as has been claimed.

Anyway, my point is I have received an email from Absolute telling me I still have funds there. Haven’t played AP for some time and I had forgotten this but I checked and there is approx $100 in my account.

Firstly, I’m impressed that a site has reminded me I still have money. More importantly though, with the furore over recent events I am assuming majority of serious players no longer play there. Has this just left a tank full of fish that are playing in blissful ignorance of possible hole card reading?

I am assuming other people have received similar emails on remaining monies. Would you be looking to just cash out or use to eat just the fish that remain?
Old 10-15-2007, 05:14 AM

Default Re: Is Absolute the place to play now? I still have money there appare

[ QUOTE ]
Ok guys I have read the super-user threads and Absolute’s response and things look iffy. My biggest problem with any rigged theories is that if there is a super-user who is sophisticated enough to see hole cards would they not just have the intelligence to win large amounts of money without drawing attention to themselves by playing like a maniac. I know I would not be drawing attention to myself as has been claimed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, you go play there.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:37 AM

Default Re: Is Absolute the place to play now? I still have money there apparently

[ QUOTE ]
Firstly, I’m impressed that a site has reminded me I still have money.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I was as easily impressed. Life would be so much simpler [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2007, 05:40 AM

Default Re: Is Absolute the place to play now? I still have money there apparently

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I was as easily impressed. Life would be so much simpler [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm impressed with your 1st post as well. Hope the rest of your input to this forum will be as enlightening.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as you realize ahead of time this is the pinnacle of Absolute Poker's service I say go for it.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As long as you realize ahead of time this is the pinnacle of Absolute Poker's service I say go for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes the pinnacle of their service is to beg the guy to use his money so they can begin taking their rake.

That is impressive.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes the pinnacle of their service is to beg the guy to use his money so they can begin taking their rake.

That is impressive.

[/ QUOTE ]
Time to replace the batteries in the sarcasm detector? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2007, 06:32 AM

i play there, in high stakes games, b/c of the fishies, but i'm keeping a very close eye out for similar [censored] to happen again
Old 10-15-2007, 06:42 AM

fwiw, there are a ton of superusers on ftp too.

that's obviously the only explanation for why i can't win there anymore.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:37 AM

If you are only going to play the 100 you already had anyway, there really isn't much you can lose except time.

Doesn't the principle of this matter to you? Or is it just a EV decision as Ikestoys seems to believe. That's fine. It doesn't bother me. I just prefer not to deal with the devil.

Keep in mind, that Absolute also has very bad CS, has screwed over affiliates, has changed rakeback and bonus terms midstream without warning and a few other problems.

If know all this stuff and still take the risk, it's your choice. There has always been these types of risks in poker, both live and online.

C