Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 03:36 PM

Default Gaming commisions?

When people always used to claim online poker is rigged. I always replied with "Well these sites have a third party regulator such as a gaming commision or such" Well where is the one for Absolute Poker? I havnt played there in about a year or two but I think they claimed they had one.. Does this mean all that jazz about a third party overlooking integrity is all bs? Do any other sites use same third party as absolute?
Old 10-15-2007, 03:47 PM

Default Re: Gaming commisions?

AP is "regulated" by the Kahnawakee gaming commission, like most sites. What this means in practice is that they pay a fee to the KGC, which allows them to put a sticker on their website. There is no real regulation to speak of.

The real reason to trust that sites aren't rigged is that it is in their long-term financial interest not to be, as this fact coming to light would damage their reputation and (hopefully) traffic.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The real reason to trust that sites aren't rigged is that it is in their long-term financial interest not to be, as this fact coming to light would damage their reputation and (hopefully) traffic.

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I hear, AP's traffic is still going strong, even stronger than before this happened. There will always be degenerate poker players that either don't know, or don't care. They're like drug addicts, and will gladly donate even though they are likely being cheated.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:44 PM

Thats unreal people would even play there...So a gaming commission does nothing? I was under the impression they did some auditing or something? If its just a bought title then why do we even care? Are other sites the same just using this as a bought reference??
Old 10-15-2007, 07:51 PM

Yes, other sites use the KGC, as they refuse to police themselves. There are a few good threads about it, so I'd suggest doing a search on it.