Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2007, 04:07 AM

Default 1 Week into 6-max .5/1, some questions.

A week into my journey of 6-max .5/1 its going ok 1BB just about 5k hands, will post stats at 10k.

Anyway I've been taking a few notes as I play, I'd these questions are probably relatively simple so here goes. My current completion from small blinds is about 48%.

In SSH it says complete the SB with hands you'd play on the button. Is this still solid advice for online at these low stakes?

I still think I'm completing a little to much and this is causing me to lose bets by playing mid-weak hands hard (as these guys don't fold!). Could someone share their 'rules' on completing the small blind? Even general advice would be helpful. I find myself completing with Q5 sometimes and throwing it away others. I don't really know why!

Also what about cold calling with little-mid pockets? Usually from good position MP-Button. Is this to loose? Or does it again depend on the number of callers etc.

My last point is I'm dealt AA in the BB, the SB raises. I have a decent read that he is AG player so I smooth call, reason being I think he'll fire a flop and turn bet more often than not. Is it ok to give up a little edge from not raising preflop in order to gain a few extra bets after the flop? Or should I be raising for equity immediately?

I've just blurted out what was going through my head so sorry if my grammar/questions are all over the place. I'm going to post a few questions each week as I play. Hopefully after a couple months or so I can sort them into some order and put them up for newbies to learn from.

Thanks