Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2007, 02:32 AM

Default Re: QQ hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
52/8/.25

[/ QUOTE ]

I play it exactly as you have and feel confident calling the river knowing this is a weirdo and I am making the right decision

[/ QUOTE ]

But this cant be right. If you know youre gonna call a turn check/raise here, then you shouldnt bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

if I think this person c/r with the kind hand he does in addition to hands that he calls down with then yeah I don't mind calling down.
Old 09-29-2007, 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
52/8/.25

[/ QUOTE ]

I play it exactly as you have and feel confident calling the river knowing this is a weirdo and I am making the right decision

[/ QUOTE ]

But this cant be right. If you know youre gonna call a turn check/raise here, then you shouldnt bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

if I think this person c/r with the kind hand he does in addition to hands that he calls down with then yeah I don't mind calling down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Understandable, but how can you draw such a conclusion here?
Old 09-29-2007, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
52/8/.25

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think the turn is a bet because he calls KQ/KJ/QJO and doesn't always c/r an ace or a ten. just when he bets it's usually air

so yah i think the river fold is gross holla
Old 09-29-2007, 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
52/8/.25

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Understandable, but how can you draw such a conclusion here?

[/ QUOTE ]

52/8/.25

not sure # of hands but these are the spots/players that I focus on so I'm definetely not folding the river
Old 09-29-2007, 03:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Villain shows up as a 52/8/.25 in my PAHUD. He has done nothing to stand out, c/c'd down with top pair a few times and just been a typical donk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given this description, especially the part about how he has done nothing to stand out, folding this turn seems like the best option. Sure donks can do weird things sometimes, but in this case the villain hasn't done anything of the sort (that you have noticed at least) and he also has a miniscule aggression factor.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:48 PM

I think checking this turn to induce a river bluff is correct. I Ilovepoker is wrong in saying "if you are going to call a check raise then you shouldnt be betting this turn"... perhaps against a player like this specifically you could make that argument... but if you can induce a bluff? bet away, it might be a somewhat tough position sometimes, but it doesnt have to be an "Easy" call down to make it a correct one.

OP, as played i fold turn, and i fold river against this player. I think turn check and make sure a bet goes in on river is correct.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:54 AM

wow, wtf happend to yo u danza?

if you dont fold the turn you damn well better call the river. u just posted this hand bc you want abuse correct?

and btw, fold the fkcn turn.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

if you dont fold the turn you damn well better call the river.

and btw, fold the fkcn turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

The poor villain here probably sits at home in a corner drooling on himself all day, he only comes out to raise when he has the nuts which is probably like 95o in this spot. If you think there's a chance he's tarding out on you often enough (there isn't) then you call down. This guy isn't making any genius plays because he knows you know anything that change the river to a fold.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I Ilovepoker is wrong in saying "if you are going to call a check raise then you shouldnt be betting this turn"... perhaps against a player like this specifically you could make that argument...

[/ QUOTE ]

This hand is all about this player. Against this player, if were gonna be dumb enough to call a turn check/raise, then we should not bet.
Old 09-30-2007, 02:15 AM

The pot is only 5.5BB on the turn.

Unless you had a read into his nature to bluff, I would strongly consider checking the turn.
There are likely not many non made hands in his range right now that you want to charge to draw...

Most draws are either folded preflop, drawing to a queen, or contain a queeen (therefore are either less likely or have less outs).
So unless your 100% comfortable folding to a raise, and you think his range is not ace heavy, id much prefer to check the turn.

When a player with those stats raises you, your equity is pretty small and your forced to put in 3BB to win a pot thats only double that size.

Checking the turn gives up little since its unlikely he is on a draw.
Ull get a bet from his made hands, and lose a bet to his Ax hand.
If he doesnt bet the river , you can easily value bet it, and he should call.