Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 10:42 AM

Default Re: Kitchen Nightmares (show on Fox)

yeti,
dont forget the part where he says simplify the menu and only use fresh local produce. Also he likes to find the worst employee and berate them until they quit or improve
Old 10-11-2007, 10:53 AM

Dude, point 2. The first 3 appear without fail every episode, spotting the third is the highlight of the show for me. Sometimes he will grace us with two topless shots an episode.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW,

Every ep of the English show goes as follows :

- Gordon turns up to restaurant and displays his disgust using a plethora of swear words.
- Gordon declares that the menu must be simplified and that the restaurant must go 'back to basics'. If it is on the sea, fresh fish will feature prominently on the menu. If it is in the countryside, potatoes.
- Cue shot of a topless Gordon putting on his chef outfit.
- Gordon displays how to make the dishes then marches around town like a bellend publicising the restaurant.
- The staff are shoddy but they pull together and the evening is a decent success.
- Gordon is happy with the evening but maintains there is a long way to go. He pulls on his leather jacket and skulks off into the night.

[/ QUOTE ]

- The head chef / one of the kitchen staff turns out to be a bitter, frustated bully, and/or alcoholic. Gordon persuades him to leave.

- Gordon discovers that the kid slicing the vegetables is actually super-talented, and makes him head chef.

- The restaurant lives happily ever after!
Old 10-11-2007, 10:59 AM

jimm,

Solid points one and two. Point 3 is just what THEY want you to think.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:09 AM

jimm,
Gordon's favorite thing is to say this kid has potential in the restaurant industry. Im suprised he doestn steal more of those young kids for his restaurant
Old 10-11-2007, 11:10 AM

jimm's point 3 is proven wrong in several of the 'revisited' episodes (which is just the same episode with a 5-10 minute segment at the end where he goes back a few months later to see everything is back to being [censored] usually)

yeti's points are dead on for every ep.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:20 AM

re: living happily ever after.

the one at <font color="white">seascape </font> in <font color="white">islip,ny </font> was the only one ive seen. saw the last 1/2 of it. at the end the of the show they said the owners sold the place 5 months after the taping occurred. from what i could tell the owners were just in over their heads and didnt know how to manage properly.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:24 AM

O Fen�meno,

You know he has been known to steal some, right? Your use of 'more' may have implied that but I'm not sure.

bwana,

They have 'revisited' eps where he goes back 6 months later. A lot of the places aren't doing too great. A lot of the time they just ignore what he told them. Heh, idiots.

edit - ah, chicken mentioned the revisited ones already.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:34 AM

I haven't seen the American one, I just decided that based on the British one and Fox's influence it would be pretty much what it sounds like it is.

The thing that's key about the UK version is that the chefs tends to be such damn ingrates you want Gordon to go off of them.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:42 AM

Yeti,
I remember one episode he mentioned stealing a few of the sous chefs but other than that i dont remember it occurring.

Dids,
the American one is really rubbish i have seen a few on the internet and its more about yelling and drama than actual content. In the American one he also like buys a brand new kitchen and brings in new employees. Also he hires designers so it is much a makeover type show rather than inspiring the staff to find themselves or their previous skill.