Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2007, 04:43 PM

Default Pau Gasol thoughts...

If I were him. I'd consider this season a vacation. Why? They are garanteed to get a good big man in next year's draft. You have the highest pct of getting Oden. Even if you don't, there is Durant and Noah. Not bad frontcourt mates if you ask me. With Gay and a few more wingmen added to the mix, you'd have a good team.

I'm really confused as to why he's fussin so much. His injury in the Worlds was the best thing that happened to him and jerry west.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:50 PM

Default Re: Pau Gasol thoughts...

Grizz management has shown no commitment to creating a winning franchise. They are just in it for money.

He'd be crazy not to want to go to Chicago, where Ben Wallace can hide some of his defensive problems.

The Bulls would be the best team in the East by a large margin if they could trade PJ + BG + 1st round pick.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Grizz management has shown no commitment to creating a winning franchise. They are just in it for money.

He'd be crazy not to want to go to Chicago, where Ben Wallace can hide some of his defensive problems.

The Bulls would be the best team in the East by a large margin if they could trade PJ + BG + 1st round pick.

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw this rumor as well, and hope John Paxson can pull it off.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:54 PM

Trade the Knicks 1st round pick, right?
Old 01-24-2007, 04:57 PM

I agree that Bulls would be good for him. I consider the trade good. But would you rather play with Oden , someone who is young and has huge upside? Or Ben, old and has no ability to spread the floor. He might win now, but he could be passing up on playing with one of the most dominanting big men in a long time.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:57 PM

I believe it is the knicks first rd pick.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:14 PM

The biggest problem with a Bulls Grizz trade is that outside of Gordon, everyone the Bulls have to offer is a 3/4 type player like Deng, Nocioni, and Tyrus Thomas.

The Grizz already have Rudy Gay and Hakim Warrick in this department, and the roster obviously needs balance. You can't trade on talent alone.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:05 PM

From Hollinger's chat today:

[ QUOTE ]
Tim (Chicago, IL): John, what would the Bulls realistically give up to get Pau Gasol. There is Paxon is letting go of both Deng and Gordon...

SportsNation John Hollinger: The deal that makes the most sense for Chicago is one that gives up lots of future assets but no present ones -- in other words, Thomas, Sefolasho, P.J. and the Knicks' No. 1 pick. That's the deal that puts the Bulls within reach of the title; once you include Gordon or Deng I don't think the improvement is marked enough to put them over the top.

[/ QUOTE ]

ALl I really know about Thabo is that the Suns really wanted him, and they have the best scouting of any team in the league IMO.

Tyrus Thomas is obviously a huge talent.

PJ Brown is a warm body in the middle.

The Knicks pick would be ~9 or so, which unless kids decide to stay in school should be a good player. Nothing world-beating, but a guy like Julian Wright, Marcus Williams, or one of my favorites, Daequan Cook.

The best part of this deal is that the Grizz would guarantee themselves to have the worst record in the league, which could be the difference from a guy like Noah or Wright, to one of the big two, Durant and Oden.

Memphis really has to consider their own draft pick in dealing Pau as well.