Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2006, 12:29 PM

Default Re: WSEX Wager \"correction\"

It bothers me a ton that books can do this and it's considered standard. Meanwhile, Pinny can offer +1900 on Boston winning the WS (I actually saw this about 4-5 days ago), which makes them much more than a "mistake" like this costs them.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:46 PM

Default Re: WSEX Wager \"correction\"

[ QUOTE ]
OP you took a shot at a book whether you knew it or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
It bothers me that you think I should be booted for accepting a wager that was offered on their site. I didn't put the line up there. I did what a good bettor is supposed to do. I looked for a wager that I thought gave me a good edge. I found it, I bet it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with OP. It's not his responsibility to inform WPEX of their mistakes. He certainly didn't do anything dodgy. Who knows, maybe WPEX knew something personal about Tiger's state of mind, and maybe that line is exactly correct. Further, let's say it was correct, and OP is busy on the phone contacting WPEX, and by the time he gets through and is told by WPEX the line is in fact correct, let's just say the line changes and no longer favours OP. So now he just screwed himself by trying to be WPEX editor.

Very lame.