Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2007, 01:03 AM

Default Re: Raising with random hands

[ QUOTE ]
I'm saying if you are consistently getting garbage hands in EP at a particular table lets say for the last 15-20 minutes, why not start raising up EP with any form of decent hand just to get your image loosening up. No, you should not raise with garbage continuously, but if you are too tight, once your good hand comes around, you may get too much respect and not paid off - that's all im saying. Raising in EP with marginal hands shouldn't be a trend, just something to do if you feel that you find your image turning into a nit when it comes to playing from EP.

Do you agree that playing Omaha has more to do with playing off your image and understanding the person you are up against as opposed to hand selection?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you playing garbage so you can show the garbage bluff on the flop? Just because you raise with bad cards doesnt mean that players will ever know just how wide your range is.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:57 AM

this is true - but if players are noticing that every time you are in EP you fold, and then all of a sudden, you raise (this being if you actually wait for your AAxx hand), you are gonna be to play against. This is why I say MIX IT UP! If a player notices you have raised in the past, they aren't gonna be able to say, "He DEFINITELY has AAxx." Let me repeat myself, this should NOT be a frequent play - but -I was wondering if you could justify raising almost any halfway decent hand just for the heck of it to stay away from a nit image if you have been running PARTICULARLY card dead from EP.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:19 AM

I don't think you understand the meaning of the word random.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:29 AM

I would not advocate only raising with AAxx from early position. Even in EP players should have a mixture of raising hands. If you wanted to you could give yourself a rule that from EP you would not raise AAxx as the first hand you raise with at any table. Single gappers, pair and connected cards, suited ace and miniwrap, are all hands that you can raise from early position if you are card dead. I would also point out that one of the nice things about cash games is that you dont really need to worry about the blinds eating you alive. If you really are card dead for 15 hands, don't sweat it and instead focus on the other players.