Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2007, 05:26 PM

Default Re: Live 3/6 TT on the BTN / Potawatomi

Amen.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:29 PM

Having played 3/6 at the Pot before, I think that a 7 would usually bet on this board because people are paranoid about protecting their hands when a a flush draw is possible. Of course, many players would also bet out with a six, a pair of fives, or a pair of nines.

Against a typical line-up, I think that I might consider raising the flop with the hopes that it will be checked around to me on the turn and I can bet a safe card or take the free card on a scare card.

There are enough calling stations out there in this game who will call to the end with A6 or any pocket pair, so I think that you should call if the BB had bet the turn again and you were closing out the action. However, since there is the possibility of the BB check-raising, it most likely leans toward a fold. You might want to call if you feel certain that you won't be check-raised. Remember that it won't always cost you two bets to call down against a possible flush or a straight because there are scare cards such as another heart or the board pairing so that it may end up checked to you or you face action that makes it obvious you are beat and that when you do river your miracle ten, you will often get more than one bet on the end.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:53 AM

haven't read any other responses.

raise the flop. too many bad cards can come on the turn to kill the action or our hand. just jam it for value.

on the turn, given the pot size(9.5bb?) i'm probably raising again. if 3bet i'm likely going to fold.

i honestly don't know if i'm valuebetting the river or checking behind. probably checking UI. a straight could be scared of the flush, the flush could be scared of a FH, and trips could be scared of any of the above. still, the times this donk is a weak hand(as they often are) is frequent enough to put 2BB in and try to showdown. HU i would just call down. since that's not the case and given the other players left to act combined with the odds the pot will be offering them if we only call, raising really is the best play. i hate folding to a 3bet, but when live players at this level 3bet(unless they are aggressive) we are usually against the near-nuts.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:53 AM

Default Re: Live 3/6 TT on the BTN / Potawatomi: RESULTS

James' advice would have been the best to follow. I ended folding the turn with the action into me (after raising both pre-flop and on the flop.)

Of course, the diamond ten came on the river. Missing on the what I perceived to be a two-outer didn't upset me, but when the river got checked through and pocket 8's ended up taking down this pot, I started to question my approach to the hand.
Old 06-03-2007, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd raise the flop. You said the table is LP, and on a coordinated board like this, a lot of worse hands than yours will call.

If you're beaten, the subsequent action will make it a lot easier to decipher, and your flop raise will often result in the turn getting checked to you, even by a made straight or flush looking to C/R, allowing you to see the river and often showdown for just one bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this line the best. At these limits your almot guarenteed a flush c/r you on the turn. Of course your taking the free card and check/folding when you dont suckout. If you do suckout your raising and mabye getting reraised by the flush and even called down by some weaker hands. Sounds like alot of bb if you hit.

Didnt read second page of postings before posting this.