Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes

Old 10-11-2007, 11:20 AM

Default NL100 6max: playing Ace High Flush draw + GS

Is this play standard? Villain is 21.6/15/4.5. Should you ever play a draw like this passively?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($59)
Hero ($262.55)
BB ($99.50)
UTG ($98.50)
MP ($90.60)
CO ($153)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $3.75</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $3.25, BB calls $2.75.

Flop: ($11.25) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $6.75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $26.75</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $59</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $258.8
Old 10-11-2007, 11:28 AM

Default Re: NL100 6max: playing Ace High Flush draw + GS

Do you like to gamble? Is your bankroll big enough to sustain the variance that comes along with playing a hand like this? After villain leads and 3 bets you, you have absolutely no FE. That being said, you are never that far behind and you could be a flip so the question is: How comfortable are you with gambling for BIs? I personally would try and get my stack in on the flop here because I like to gamble and I keep a pretty big BR( 50+BI's) for whatever limit I am playing so I can handle the variance.

On a more important note, I hate your call with this hand out of the blinds. Against the villain you described, you are going to be in a bad spot alot of times having to play this hand oop. What do you do with your hand if he calls your check raise on flop and then turn is a red 2? What do you do if flop comes A27 rainbow and villain fires all three streets. For that reason I prefer a 3 bet or a fold with this hand out of the small blind.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:42 AM

ughh this is bad.

if u decide ur gonna felt this, bet/3bet is a much better line in this spot b/c it puts the pressure on villain to call the all in after he raises the flop. so you pick up more dead money the times he raise folds Kx or whatever.

once you c/r over his cbet, and he comes back over the top all the fold equity of your draw is wasted and ur basically just taking 40% on ur stack. if I ended up c/r'ing the flop, I'd defintiely fold to his 3bet.

tbh, I'd probably just c/c the flop and c/f the turn here a lot of the time since the board texture is probably all over his range and you dont have much fold equity but the flip side to that is ur implied odds are pretty good if you catch on the turn.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:06 PM

I'm in agreement with TripSearching and hate this hand out of the blinds. Unless the villain has been getting saucy with your blinds I flop preflop because I think Axs sucks OOP.

The 3 bet after the c/r is bad for you. The villain is waiting for you to stick the rest of your money into the pot. Without any kind of better read, I don't like this hand.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:25 PM

agree with all 3 above
Old 10-11-2007, 12:28 PM

except that you don't c/r to fold to a 3bet. We have to many outs to do that.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:07 PM

FOLD PF!!! after that you are less the 50% to win always. so bad, bad and then you put your stack in....