Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2007, 03:29 PM

Default Is InstaDebit a good alternative?

I am reading through the instadebit site and this seems to be the best alternative to neteller at the moment. There may be some catches that i havent found yet, but there are no fees and you go to/from your bank account just like neteller. Any additional information about this payment processor before i go ahead and sign up?
Old 01-17-2007, 03:52 PM

Default Re: Is InstaDebit a good alternative?

As of right now, PokerStars doesn't accept it.

It looks like the only e-wallet that both PokerStars and FullTilt accept is ePassporte, but according to billrini.com, "ePassporte is a credit card proxy so you can’t withdraw to it and the credit card companies will likely cripple them once the UIGEA regs are passed."
Old 01-17-2007, 04:14 PM

Any reasoning why they dont accept it???
Old 01-17-2007, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It looks like the only e-wallet that both PokerStars and FullTilt accept is ePassporte, but according to billrini.com, "ePassporte is a credit card proxy so you can’t withdraw to it and the credit card companies will likely cripple them once the UIGEA regs are passed."

[/ QUOTE ]

It has been a few months since I used Epassporte, and I do not currently have the account funded. But when I used it, was able to cashout from poker sites without any problem.

When did that change?
Old 01-17-2007, 09:14 PM

I signed up today, was verified immediately, and made a small deposit on UB. There was no fee charges. Hopefully the withdrawal will be as smooth. It appears that their EFT are similar to Neteller, 4 days wait to hit your bank account. I'm used to that so it may be a good alternative for deposits/withdrawals to/from UB.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:35 PM

What kind of limit did they set for you? I signed up and at 1st they couldn't verify my identity but finally got it straight but they set a $200 weekly limit?? WTF. This is with credit scores in mid 700's and never a returned check.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any additional information about this payment processor before i go ahead and sign up?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm also interested in more info since Absolute accepts InstaDebit as well. I've never heard of them before, but it seems like the best alternative for my needs.

All I need is the ability to withdraw. I need money for bills at the end of the month and less than 2 weeks to get a new withdrawal method set up and functioning properly is making me pretty nervous.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:59 PM

Should we worry about this statement from the InstaDebit site? How long before they go the way of Neteller?

From their website:
[ QUOTE ]
As a participant in the U.S. banking system, INSTADEBIT is in full compliance with the governing regulations. Specifically INSTADEBIT is in compliance with the U.S. Federal Trade Commission's "Fair Credit Reporting Act", and The United States Department of Treasury USA Patriot Act.

[/ QUOTE ]

If neteller feels subject to this silly US law, certainly a company that claims full compliace won't be allowing these transactions for long, right?
Old 01-17-2007, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

maurile,

I don't think that will necessarily be the case. Even when the new regs are in place, as long as epass and other similar e-wallets run by private companies are willing to take the risks, then they are acting as a middleman between US banks and credit cards and the poker sites, and the banks won't be required to cut them out as they aren't the sites taking bets. Plus epass and such systems actually have a lot more legit uses other than facilitating gambling transactions, unlike neteller, and can prove same.