Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2007, 04:46 PM

Default NL25: AA facing tough allin-decision on the flop

Villain pretty solid over only 50 hands with 20/12, no reads on him at all....
i always put villains on a strong draw with those moves and can almost never lay down this hand in a spot like this.
Anyone folding that here? On one hand i hate getting all my money in with 1 pair. Can rather fold that hand to a minraise than to the all in push...Maybe cause ive seen people using that move so many times on draws with fold equity and bc im using it as well...Even if i think the all in with the winning hand (set or 2 prs or J 10) has much more value because of that thought process and gets almost a call everytime...
Can you guys help and check my line? I insta called it without even thinking..

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $12.85
<font color="black">Hero (BB): $36.95</font>
UTG: $30.00
BTN: $3.85

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $1.00</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.50</font>, UTG calls $2.50

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($7.10) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $4.00</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises all-in to $26.50</font>, Hero ?????????????????

Should have bet more on flop as well, no?
Old 06-07-2007, 04:50 PM

Default Re: NL25: AA facing tough allin-decision on the flop

I bet at least $5 on the flop. I fold to that RR. This is probably KK or QQ for a set.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:08 PM

I bet at least $5 on the flop too. If he has one of these big draws I think it has to be specifically AhJh or Jh8h. No other draws are big enough for this sort of play. Also, Jh8h would have been folded preflop, so you can confidently rule that hand out.

Since it's so rare that your opponent has exactly AhJh, you are probably facing a made hand like QQ/99/JT--people love to see flops with these three hands, so I think they are worth worrying about. There is an outside chance you are facing KK/KQ, though KK probably would have 3-bet preflop (and would not play the flop so strongly) and KQ probably would have folded preflop.

I would fold.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:15 PM

I agree with previous posters.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:09 PM

If he is solid, he has probably been able to narrow your pf 3betting range. Some of those hands hit this flop pretty hard and he doesn't care. Against AJs, you are only a slight favorite. Very optimistically he could have TT's or JJ's, but it looks like you are way behind here too often. I would fold here. And yes, I would bet more on the flop.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:18 PM

Yes you should have bet more on the flop, the other posters have said yea its a fold, but........... no one here thinks this could be either AK or Ax[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]?
Old 06-07-2007, 06:23 PM

I think Ak/Ax [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] are very weak considering this guy is willing to play for stacks. It isn't impossible, it would just require a strong read to include these hands in the villian's range.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Ak/Ax [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] are very weak considering this guy is willing to play for stacks. It isn't impossible, it would just require a strong read to include these hands in the villian's range.

[/ QUOTE ]

mmmmmm I dont know? I probably would fold here too, but to me his PF actions could easily include the above in his range, no?
Old 06-07-2007, 07:53 PM

I think it is a big mistake not to include AK in his range. While this might still be a fold, fold equity and pot control go out the roof in these 3-bet pots and ALL SORTS of 20/12s will stick it in here with AK. I think it's definitely in his range.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:56 PM

put him on a hand you can beat and call... this is so ridiculous to think about a fold here on µNL..

btw, bet more on the flop .. something like 5.5$