Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2007, 09:15 AM

Default TPTK heads up with many draws

Hello! Maybe I played this a bit too agressive, what do YOU think??

Opponent is 45.5/3.3/1.1 after 44 hands.

Party Poker 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14.25 BB
Old 07-15-2007, 09:46 AM

Default Re: TPTK heads up with many draws

Turn card is not really a good one here as villian can make his st8 there as well as have several different hands. I would hate to see 3 bets go in on the turn with that board.....I like a call on the turn and pop the river if the [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] comes.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:01 AM

*grunch*

Flop: I would probably do raise after BB donk(if BB has K so probably c/r, he can also be at FD or weak Q)
When he do 3bet then i know my Q pair is weak and then only call flop.

Turn: If BB dont have st8 then our hand is best now.
I would raise donk turn and when BB do 3bet then i call to fold at river UI FD or make cry call cus pot is quite big and there are still little chance villan has worse 2piar or busted FD.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hello! Maybe I played this a bit too agressive, what do YOU think??

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes.

And you don't have TPTK, either. Your made hand, a pair of Queens, is decisively weak on this board. It's worth a little something, don't get me wrong, but the royal flush draw is worth a lot more.

The Ace gives you two pair but makes the board even stronger. Don't raise. You have 9 outs to a flush, 4 to a full house, and 3 J's to chop.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:25 PM

I think the flop raise is fine, but I'm not capping this flop. BB looks to be fairly passive, so he's not 3-betting you without at least top pair.

I actually ran this on pokerstove and put in a Villain range of AKs, AKo, AJs, AJo, and KQs-K9s and KQo-K9o because he is betting like he has at least top pair. I figured if he had AA, KK, QQ, JJ, or TT he probably would have defended his blind with a 3-bet so I didn't include those. Even if you include JJ or TT though you still have a slight edge of 1%-3%.

Turns out your equity vs. that range on this flop is approx. 52%, so you may have a tiny edge here, but given how coordinated the board is you could also be pretty far behind. With a possible edge that tiny, I think I just call the flop 3-bet and re-evaluate on the turn.

I think the turn and river are fine.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:29 PM

He's never "pretty far behind" with 9 outs to the nuts.

You also need to add some hands to his range if you're 'Stoving: QT and J9 are obvious omissions.
Old 07-15-2007, 03:49 PM

Turn doesn't have to be raised. You have 4 outs to fill up and another 9 outs to a flush. Enough equity to call, but not enough to raise, especially when a somewhat passive guy donkbets after your flop cap.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:21 PM

Don't cap the flop, and then call down, you are either far ahead or far behind.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:03 PM

GRUNCH

Given that this is blind defense, the only thing I can complain too much about is the flop cap. Otherwise it looks pretty good.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:04 PM

pf fine
flop cap fine, for value and also importantly b/c you are in position
call turn
call riv