Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2007, 11:43 PM

Default Yippie, I gots 2 pairs... Value Raise River?

This hand had some bizarre action, doesn't that typically mean very strong hands or crappy hands?

Reads: they both suck.

Is this a standard river value raise?

What is he representing here? Passive TT is really the only hand I'm scared of. I've obviously got the middle-man beat and his flop c/r is a worse 2 pair.

Comments on all streets.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K, A.
UTG calls, 2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, 1 fold</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, 4 folds</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) A, K, T <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="red">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="red">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="red">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="red">UTG caps</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.70 BB) 8 (3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="red">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

River: (12.70 BB) 4 (3 players)</font>
<font color="red">UTG bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>
Old 07-11-2007, 11:45 PM

Default Re: Yippie, I gots 2 pairs... Value Raise River?

standard river raise, given turn action.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:47 PM

Yeah, I like the value raise on the river here. If you don't win this, take some notes on these guys and win it back from them. If it were HU, I would just call, however.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:49 PM

uhh wow the OOP call-cap'n'check ... WTF

i would think by this action that UTG is a total retard and sucks beyond all belief ...

honestly I'm too confused to know what to do on the river ... I'm sure I would like both depending on how my stack is doing

so ... what kind of sucky players are these laggy or passive chumps?
Old 07-12-2007, 08:46 AM

*grunch*

Raise river and bit his ATso. He probably afraids of FD with 3 way pot at turn (he can weak thinking) and at no flush river he is not so sure if u have AK to c/r river.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:05 AM

I'm not sure I raise this river. It looks to me the most likely holding for villain is QJ. I say that because he didn't raise preflop but fired away on the flop. There is a decent chance he played the turn incorrectly because of the flushing board and then roared back to life on the river. I think I just call this river against a passive opponent. (Although I'm not sure thats what you meant when you said they "both suck") I don't think anyone has AA, KK, or TT here because we would usually have heard from them preflop. Villains aggro play on the flop, silence on the turn, and river donk really make me fear QJ here.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:03 AM

I don't get this.

Flop, check - call - cap?? Then check - call, and bet on river!?!

This is very very strange. He either has a straight, or he simple has nothing to beat you. Maybe if has a straight, he... reasons his play by, not raising flop, to scare people of, but then after raise, its ok to cap.... but why not raise turn? Scare factor again??

This is very confusing.

Cap river.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure I raise this river. It looks to me the most likely holding for villain is QJ. I say that because he didn't raise preflop but fired away on the flop. There is a decent chance he played the turn incorrectly because of the flushing board and then roared back to life on the river. I think I just call this river against a passive opponent. (Although I'm not sure thats what you meant when you said they "both suck") I don't think anyone has AA, KK, or TT here because we would usually have heard from them preflop. Villains aggro play on the flop, silence on the turn, and river donk really make me fear QJ here.

[/ QUOTE ]

have you honestly ever seen QJ check/call this turn after capping the flop? I've been playing poker for a long time and i dont ive ever seen the nuts on the turn played this way.

i think putting him on QJ is mubs here.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. I think the percentage of the time a river donk bet is made into hero's aggressive play is very significant. + I think even those of us who suffer from MUBS occassionally find real monsters under there + I can't find any combination of cards, that if the villain held them, he would have played correctly. So MUBS it is
Old 07-12-2007, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. I think the percentage of the time a river donk bet is made into hero's aggressive play is very significant. + I think even those of us who suffer from MUBS occassionally find real monsters under there + I can't find any combination of cards, that if the villain held them, he would have played correctly. So MUBS it is

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah4h comes to mind (not saying it would be correct, but to dumb villians you never know).