Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2007, 06:06 PM

Default High stakes at wpx?!

I got up and running on WPX today, and after the initial new software fustrations (which i think anyone would have anywhere) it seems ok. The software is quick despite only 500-600 hundred players logged on, there is enough 30/60 to be cracking on with and some 50/100 if you're happy to play v.short handed- meaning HU i guess.
Has any other fairly serious players had a go? The software is quick and the rake back will obviously save even a remotely high volume player thousands.
An import to poker tracker did come up with some stupid numbers though, has anyone else had trouble with this?
I'm sure this post will be shot down by plenty of players who take themselves a bit too seriously but i'm curious as to why i couldn't find at least one 100/200 going at half capacity.
The rake hurts everyone immensely so why isn't there more support for a company that could save you all so much money?
Old 03-24-2007, 07:04 PM

Default Re: High stakes at wpx?!

High stakes is where the rake matters the least. Take your rambling to the Internet Gambling forum.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:54 PM

correct high stakes is where rake matters least. but what a uneducated response, i don't know if you're a big player or a nobody mr tiger but i'm inclined to think the later. I pay 25,000 dollars worth of rake each month, if 300k a year doesn't matter to you fair play- but my guess is it really really would.....
Old 03-25-2007, 12:02 AM

Scary Tiger v Custom02 HU plz.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:07 AM

Concerning the PT import problem: when did you last update your PT? A patch was made to fix the problem of WPEX hands showing huge amounts of rake taken, etc. You will, however, have to re-import the hands after downloading the patch.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:16 AM

Hey custom, I really thought WPX was going to take off when Party shut down to the US market. I really don't understand why it didn't.

I actually tried to post a couple of threads on this topic at the time and I didn't really receive a postive response. Just similar comments to Scary tiger. Not sure why, but many people here seem to have something against rake free poker.

Also, one thing I
noticed about this forum is the regular posters seem to be an unfriendly bunch with new people.
Old 03-25-2007, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
correct high stakes is where rake matters least. but what a uneducated response, i don't know if you're a big player or a nobody mr tiger but i'm inclined to think the later. I pay 25,000 dollars worth of rake each month, if 300k a year doesn't matter to you fair play- but my guess is it really really would.....

[/ QUOTE ]

The main thing here is people will follow the fish, and the sites that market themselves will attract the fish. So the pros will play on the sites with fish because 100/200 with a 5$ rake and a fish in the game is a hell of a lot more profitable than 100/200 with 5 guys that at least play appropriately preflop.
Old 03-25-2007, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As a HULA champion I should 20k fight yo? Custom02 but I don't have 20k in WPEX and I don't even know if they have 200/400 tables.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As a HULA champion I should 20k fight yo? Custom02 but I don't have 20k in WPEX and I don't even know if they have 200/400 tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

1/2 is highest
Old 03-25-2007, 03:49 AM

Location: My Avatar is Cursed for my Teams. Please don\'t curse my burger.

OMG, Bugstud vs Scary Tiger HU FOR ROLLZ!